Chapter 1- The Attic

So here is the first chapter to the story!(: sorry it took so long to post it i have just been on so many trips in unbelievable! ANYWAYS ENJOY!!

Picture to the side is how i think Rebecca looks like (for those who wanted a visual image of her i will post a picture of Wesley next chapter) -------------------------------->>>>>>>>

ENJOY! 

Vote, Comment, Fan! (trying to get up on the Teen Fiction list... please help me)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft knock filled the silence that was hovering over me. I looked up from my covers and saw my mother standing at the door with a sad smile on her face. She sniffled and walked over to my bed, leaning down to brush some of my brown hair out of my face. “Honey it has been a month, please come out of this room…”

I shook my head and shoved it back under the blankets. Never was I going to go out of this house, yea I know a little over dramatic but my boyfriend of a year died on our anniversary protecting me… I am feeling so many emotions right now its unbelievable. Sadness, pain, guilt, anger, and then at times I just want to end my life so I could go join him. “I refuse to leave, I will not go back out into that cold place we call earth!”

She sighed. “Sugar you have to understand that not all people are like that, the whole world isn’t evil…”

I sniffled, feeling the tears start to pour down my cheeks again. “Yes but I went out into the world and look where it got me, broken hearted and the love of my life killed. Not everyone has a happy ending like you do mom!” I felt anger building up inside of me, I was jealous of my mother… she found my father in high school and they both went on to live happy life as world known athletes while their daughter is stuck like this. 

She narrowed her eyes at me and stood up quickly. “You don’t know what rough is child! I lost both of my parents, I was the geek in high school, my aunt used me as a personal slave, and I was picked on constantly! I don’t know about you but I loved both of my parents dearly and losing two people instead of one is a heck of a lot worse then what you have right now. I know your upset but you need to understand that sitting in this bed will not make anything better!”

I sat there in shock staring at my mother. Never have I seen her blow up like that, I really didn’t think what I said through though… I forgot that she lost her parents when she was young and even though she married my father her life was no where near easy. “I am sorry mom,” I mumbled, not daring to look her in the eyes.

She let out another sigh before running her hands through my hair in a comforting way. “It is ok honey I know its rough, I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.”

I shook my head. “No you had every right to… I didn’t take your feelings into consideration when I said that. I forgot how tough you had it back then, you kept fighting though…”

She gave me a weak smile. “I didn’t fight alone though… I had the help of my best friend all those years. She could have given up on me but she never did.”

I slumped over on my bed. “I wish I could have my best friend here right now. Even though I am never leaving this room again…. It would be nice to see him.”