Chapter 5

Three years later

"I can't believe we already graduated. Finally good to out of that prison." I said in relief on the rooftops of the houses behind Wall Rose.

"Couldn't said it better myself." Sayuri replied with a smile on her. We were still in our training uniforms as we were still cadets and not soldiers of a military unit, but we were going to start to apply for the Survey Corps in 10 days. As we looked down, people were minding their own business in the streets.

"Tsubaki" Sayuri said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"How are we going to get home?"

I stayed quiet for a few moments before replying, "I don't know, but we will have to survive like we been doing for the past eight years."

"I know but it's starting to get hard to remember what happened next." Sayuri said

"I know, but-" I started to say until a thunderclap with the shake of the ground startled us. I widen my eyes and Sayuri gasp as I turned towards the top of Wall Rose. 'No, It's happening again' I thought fearfully as the familiar face of the Colossal Titan appeared. we could only watched as the Titan destroyed the cannons on top of the wall and putting the hole in the wall before disappearing. We both stared on as Titans started to slowly enter.

"Cadets!" a voice said from behind us. We both turned around to a Garrison soldier that held the symbol of the two roses heading towards us.

"Both of you need to head back to Headquarters, immediately." he commanded us.

Sayuri looked hesitant before saluting to him, "Yes, sir." He turned to me as I stared onto the invading titans. 'He wants us to turn our back on them when we could us this chances to fed off the titans. What a bunch of cow-' I started to think before the Garrison soldier broke my train of thought.

"Cadet?" he said seriously.

I looked back at him with a clench first before as saluting, " Yes, sir." I said with gritted teeth. He nodded at me before taking off with his 3d maneuver gear to the top of Wall Rose. I looked back to Titans before looking to Sayuri.

"Let's go." I said before taking of back to Headquarters. Sayuri followed silently. 'I can't believe this happened again! Right when humanity forgot about the fall of Wall Maria.' I thought as I easily ran on the rooftops with Sayuri beside me.

"Sayuri." I called out to her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember what happened when Trost was breach?"

After a moment she responded, "No, it's all blurry."

'I guess we have to fight without knowing what happens then.' I thought as we reached Headquarters. As we both went in the courtyard, people were freaking out. Some was crying, running around, and others were saying that 'they were going to die.' Met eyes met the sight of a boy vomiting in the corner with a girl rubbing his back. 'That's disgusting. I mean I get it that he's scared, but is it necessary for him to throw up? Seriously' I thought as a look of disgust cross my face before looking back around for Sayuri, who was at the refill tank station. I started to make my way to her until a Garrison officer stopped me.

"Yukimura, you and Koizumi are to be with the East Squad to slow down the Titans for the citizens to escape." he said to me.

I nodded at him before moving around to walk towards the now standing Sayuri, who was just finishing filling up her gas tank.