Schizophrenia

TTTH Essay;Schizophrenia, By Aaron Scott

In "The Tell Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe, it follows a narrator, attempting to kill his master, due to a strange eye. Throughout the short story the reader can see several examples of a mental illness within the narrator. Many believe this illness to likely be schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is an illness similar to hallucinations. It also can be seen as symptoms through the narrator of "The Tell Tale Heart".

Schizophrenia is a disease much like Hallucinations. However, it can vary from hallucinations. Schizophrenia is a kind of psychosis; your mind doesn't agree with reality. is a brain disorder that distorts the way a person thinks, acts, expresses emotions, perceives reality, and relates to others. It is most commonly found in late adolescence, and early Adulthood. It is commonly thought it gives a suffer multiple personalities.This is untrue, and is believed due to Schizophrenia and its symptoms. And symptom of Schizophrenia is Bipolar Disorder, and/or Depression. There are five types of Schizophrenia:, , , , , and finally, .

Paranoid Schizophrenia: This is the most common form of Schizophrenia. This type of of Schizophrenia can cause someone to be Paranoid of others. Such as a co-worker poisoning their food. The government spying on them. These deletions are often based off of fears, and anxiety. This can cause people to become hermits, preferring to be alone. People with Paranoid Schizophrenia are usually not violent. But if they feel threatened enough, they can turn violent, lashing out at loved ones, or those they live with. Someone with Paranoid Schizophrenia can also have false information from the senses. Such as hearing voices telling them to do things harmful. Or seeing people or things threaten them.

Schizoaffective Disorder: This type of Schizophrenia combines Schizophrenia and Major Bipolar Disorder, of Major Depression. is an illness that is marked by feelings of sadness, worthlessness, or hopelessness, as well as problems concentrating and remembering details. is characterized by cycling mood changes, including severe highs () and lows (). Schizoaffective Disorder is a lifelong illness. It can make an impact on all areas of your life. From School to Eating. Most sufferers of this disorder has lapses of time between each Relapse. So there of times where the person suffering from this disorder perceives things as normal. They then will have a relapse of Schizoaffective Disorder, where there symptoms surface. A person who suffers from Schizoaffective Disorder has these symptoms: Severe mood changes, Hallucinations, Delusions, Disorganized thinking. Psychotic symptoms in schizoaffective disorder occur even when mood symptoms are no longer present, and reflect the person's inability to tell what is real from what is imagined. Symptoms of schizoaffective disorder may vary greatly from one person to the next and may be mild or severe. The exact cause of this disorder is unknown. Is tends to show in late adolescence and early adulthood. 16-30 yrs of age. It is slightly more likely in women, and rarely shows in children. Because people who suffer from Schizoaffective Disorder combines two Mental Illnesses it is often misdiagnosed.

Symptoms:

Poor appetite

or gain

Changes in sleeping patterns (sleeping very little or a lot)

Agitation (excessive restlessness)

Lack of energy

Loss of interest in usual activities

Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness

Guilt or self-blame

Inability to think or concentrate

Thoughts of death or

Mania