Power [Dragon Academy Book 2]

The air was crisp and chilly, and a light wind blew kids’ hair in their faces. Unfazed by the wind, they simply pushed their hair out of their faces and continued to talk and laugh amongst each other, catching up after their long summer vacation. They were climbing the stairs and entering the large school.

                Two boys walked together towards the school. They were also talking and laughing amongst themselves.

                One of the boys had short black hair and russet skin. His ear was pierced twice with diamond studs. He was wearing a long sleeve black shirt that clung loosely to his skinny frame, and dark blue jeans.

                The other boy had blond hair that curled down to his shoulders. His ear was pierced with a black stud. He was wearing a blue sweater over faded jeans.

                “Jake! Cody!”

                They smiled as a boy with short brown hair ran up to them. He slung his arms around their shoulders.

                “Hey Panchi,” Cody greeted.

                “Jeez Panchi, could you find a bigger shirt?” Jake asked, tugging on Panchi’s baggy shirt sleeve. 

                “Aw shut up Jake,” Panchi said, smacking Jake in the back of the head and grinning.

                “Watch out Jake; he thinks he’s tough,” Cody said, and Jake snickered.

                Panchi pulled his arms away from them and looked between them curiously. “I thought you two had glasses.”

                They pointed at their eyes. “Contacts,” they said at the same time.

                Cody blinked. “Dear Dragons, we’re turning into the twins.”

                “Hey, what’s wrong with us?” Ross and Joss asked as they hopped up next to their friends.

                “Hey guys. Long time no see,” Jake said.

                “Don’t you mean long time no hear?” Cody asked, rolling his eyes.

                “Hey!” the twins whined and flipped Cody off.

                “Cody!”

                The little voice had Cody smiling in joy. He spun around as little Remi ran up to him, his dark hair bouncing with each step, and flung himself into Cody’s arms. Cody stumbled back a little, laughing and hugging the boy back.

                Remi pulled away from Cody and looked down towards the ground. “Hi Segen,” he said sweetly, bending down and petting the little skolve. Segen panted in content.

                “Hey Cody. I have to say, I like the contacts,” Malcolm said, coming over to the group.

                “I have to say, I like the hair change,” Cody said.

                Malcolm had died his hair black with streaks of purple. He grinned at Cody and ran a hand through his hair.

                “And I like your lip ring,” Jake said, gesturing at it.

                “Thanks Jake,” Malcolm said, flicking his lip ring with his tongue. “Have you guys seen Oli?”

                “Over here Malcolm!” Oli called from a few feet away, waving at his best friend.