anger (daryl d.)

plot- the governor makes reader take their shirt off and when rick, daryl and the reader arrive back at the prison, daryl is angry about what happened

word count- 1091

warnings- attempted sexual assault, killing

"You better take that shirt off or my men will kill your boyfriend." the Governor whispered into my ear making me cringe. I still stand there, frozen.

"Okay, Martinez-" he starts.

"No." I state firmly but with fear present in my tone. The Governor let's out a small chuckle at my sudden compliance. Hesitantly, I begin taking off my shirt and bra. They fall to the ground and the Governor walks over and shoves me over the cold metal table. He then begins to feel me up. A whimper escapes my lips as Daryl's scream pierce the once silent air.

"No! You said you wouldn't hurt him!" I shriek. He pushes me even farther into the table before standing up straight.

"I know. And I keep my promises. I told them not to hurt him. I'll go tell them again I suppose." he says calmly. He comes back, takes my shirt and bra, and walks swiftly out of the room. I sit there, tears streaming down my red face from where I was pushed down. Suddenly I hear the door swing open and my eyes immediately travel to the source. Daryl is standing there with a medium sized bruise on his forehead with some blood on it. His mouth parts and he rushes up to me.

"Are you okay? What did he do? Are you hurt?" I still have my arms covering my exposed chest as I shake my head at all of his questions.

"I'm fine." I croak. The hardness that usually overtakes his eyes is replaced by sympathy.

"Here." he whispers while handing me the black long sleeved shirt that is under his leather jacket. I take it and he turns away while I pull it over my head. After putting his shirt on, I feel my cheek stinging more and more by the minute.

"You ready? We're gonna get out of here." Daryl says, determined. I sigh and prep myself for the terror to come. What if the Governor captures us again? What if he does worse to Daryl and I?

"You sure about this?" I whisper, still afraid one of his men are about to burst through the door. He nods and just as he's about to swing open the door, Glen and Rick storm through. My eyes widen and they both breathe a sigh of relief knowing Daryl and I are alive. Rick places a hand on Daryl's shoulder and looks at him.

"We're fine." Daryl states but looks at me hesitantly. I look down at my feet and we eventually devise a plan to run out the back exits and get in the car Glen and Rick parked about a mile from Woodbury. Glen hands me an extra gun and I wrap my hands tightly around it. Daryl looks back at me and I nod.

"Go." Rick states firmly. We all run out, and keep our guns aimed at all times. Out of the corner of my eye I see one of the Governors soldiers and I shoot. I don't even hesitate. They all look at me before running again. Eventually we get to the back of Woodbury and we hop the fence and run to the car. We all just kind of stand around it, all of us afraid to speak.

"You guys okay?" Rick asks, breaking the silence. I nod and so does Daryl.

"She ain't." Daryl states. I look at him shocked. Rick look between the two of us and so does Glen.

"Daryl I'm-" I start but I'm cut off by Daryl.

"That bastard ripped her shirt off and-" Daryl yells becoming enraged.

"Daryl!" I snap.

"Y/N, no! That sick fuck-"

"Daryl stop!" Daryl and I begin yelling at each other at the same time, all of our words getting jumbled together.

"Hey hey hey!" Rick intervenes. I stop yelling and by now I'm breathing quite heavily from all the yelling I was doing.

"Now," Rick starts but he stops and looks at Daryl and I. I place my hands on the back of the car and take a deep breath in.

"We can talk about it when we get back." I whisper while going straight inside of the car. Rick drives while Daryl takes the passenger seat and Glen sits next to me. I keep my eyes trained on the window, watching the trees, the bushes and the occasional walker. Eventually we arrive at the prison and were greeted by everyone.

Nighttime comes around and everyone is asleep besides Rick, Daryl and I. The only light is the small lamp sitting in the middle of the table. It's silent at first. We all wait for someone to start talking but nobody does.

"Okay, Y/N, you wanna tell me what happened?" Rick asks. His voice is low, quiet but still has its roughness to it.

"Uhm," I begin with a shaky breath. "There's not much to it. The Governor told me if I didn't take my shirt off, he'd kill Daryl. That's it." I explain while avoiding any eye contact with either of them.

"He didn't touch you?" Daryl whispers. I sigh at his question.

"Yeah but it doesn't matter. I did what I had too." Daryl buries his face in his hands while Rick scratches his beard nervously. "Can I go now?" I ask feeling uncomfortable. Rick nods and Daryl places his hand on the small of my back. He guides me back to our cell where we both climb under the covers, my back to him.

"Y/N?" he asks cautiously. I hum in response.

"Are you mad at me?" I sigh and close my eyes. I leave a little silence between his question and my answer just to stress him out, because yes, I was mad at him.

"No." I state. "I was, cause all you cared about was the Governor and what he did rather than how I was." I explain.

"I'm sorry. I-I just wanted to kill him for doing that."

"I know Daryl. I'm fine though. He didn't do anything besides..feeling me." I whisper.

"I love you." he states. "I love you too."

"I ain't gonna let anything happen to you again." he reassures while rubbing my back.

Happy Belated Birthday to Norman Reedus lol

Hope you liked this one! Always appreciate the votes and comments!