Mermaid you are not!

(story told in Blessing point of view.)

"Flutter?" I say as I wake up at the beach. Flutter loves it here since she can see underwater and I was the only person willing to go with her. What? Somebody has to stop her from killing half the state population. With suffocation. From cuddling.

Thus why we don't let spot live her room.

What? I'm just saying.

"Flutter?" I ask again. Going into the sea and diving in. I eventually saw my morons rosy red hair and a...tail?

I tap her shoulder and she turns around with a brilliant smile on her face. I point upwards I need to speak with you. She nods and I swim up.

A few minutes later and she hasn't returned to the surface.

"Flutter?" I call
"....FLUTTER!"
She pops up in a swift upward motion. (*author suggestion: kinda like the little mermaid.)

..........
Flutters staring at me. Waiting for a reaction
................

"Flutter what the hell?"

"Blessing I achieved my dream! I became a mermaid!" she exclaimed happily.

I hate to rain on her parade but.....
"That's from the Halloween shop thats right around the corner isn't it?"

Flutter scoffed "pfft no."

Just then I saw the tag on the costume
"You....did pay.....right?"

"In seashells."

"Goddammit Flutter."

"What? It's the CURRENT currency of the sea? SEE what I did there Blessing?"

Oh. My. God.

I don't even WANNA know where that came from.

Probably a very dark and scary place within Flutters soul.

Flutter mistook the confused look on my face as staring in awe. And said "Yeah. I'm pretty great huh? So great I-owwwooh!?"

That was me punching Flutter off the rock and back into the water.

I eventually got Flutter to pay for the costume in real money. And. Since flutter wouldn't stop begging for it. Enjoyed about 30 bowls of ice cream together.

Don't worry. I paid.