Another Day

A/N: Hi! This is my first fan fiction I've ever published so please be merciful!! I'm a broadway and marvel trash :)  I also wanted to to say I. Cannot. Spell. So I'm sorry for any mistakes! If you read any of this I want to thank you for taking time to read this story! :) The Parings are Clintasha, Pepperony  Thane, Stucky. THIS IS AN AU, MEANING SOME THINGS ARE DIFFERENT.  I own none of these characters and the plot is based on the musical "Next to Normal." 

It was a somewhat average day, at least for the avengers.  The Avenger's tower stood in it's glory in New York, The "A" glinted off the morning sunrise.  Inside the families of the heroes bustled about, trying to get ready for that day.  Bruce had just headed down to the lab to finish some papers he had started last night.  Pepper and Tony lounged on the black couch, clutching cups of steaming coffee as they watched the morning news. Steve had just returned from a mission with a twisted up leg and he and Bucky were trying to stretch it out on the door frame of their room. The breakfast bar was crowded with five teenagers, making toast and chatting while peeling fruit.   Clint and Natasha had returned a mission a few hours earlier that morning. Natasha, psychically unharmed, had hurried off to shower before debriefing. Clint, however, was in the infirmary, getting glass removed from his neck and back area from an shattered window during the mission. Thor, laid curled up in bed while Jane got an earlier start on her report.  

"You guys better get moving if you don't want to be late... or another detention in your case Becca, dear"   Pepper say pointedly at her eldest daughter, Rebecca.

Rebecca smirked and rolled her brown eyes as she slung her backpack over her shoulders.  

"That was only like the fourth time this year" Becca said as she kissed her mother on the forehead.

"It's September 23rd" Pepper pointed out with a laugh.

"Whatever, let's go guys" Becca said as she led the herd of teens to the elevator across the room. 

Ingrid yawned heavily as she stepped on the platform of the elevators, watching her friends say good bye to there parents. 

Ingrid POV

It only hurts when I breathe. 

Mom and Dad had just gotten back from their mission two hours before I had gotten up. I wasn't surprising to see my parents get back so late, they often went on missions without me. From what I know, my parent's childhoods were far from normal, so they tried to give me the most normal life they could. That was a little difficult when the first thing you see is your dad's back bleeding onto Uncle Tony's expensive carpet.  Right after he headed to the infirmary, I went to get my homework I forgot on the couch from my late nights study at 4am.  However, what was weirder this morning was I heard mom talking to someone in their room.  

"Where have you been? I was so worried about you!" She scolded the person.  I put my ear to the door to listen but I couldn't hear the person's reply. 

"You know, I thought of at least forty different ways you could've been killed!"  She was clearly getting upset with the other person in the room. She groaned heavily, and inhaled sharply.

"Are you doing drugs?!" She exclaimed suddenly. I stumbled back from the door and tripped over my feet and landed hard on the floor.

"That's probably just Clint, he was looking for painkillers in the kitchen, I go check on him. You. Go back to sleep."  Mom said dryly. I heard footsteps approaching the door. I scrambled to get to my feet.  I got halfway up before mom swung open the door, light spilling out into the dark living room. 

"Ingrid? What are you doing up at this time?" She asked surprised, her red hair messy from her mission and dirt and sweat still coated her face.