Everything Else

A/N: Hi! I had time to update this so I did! Thanks for reading :)

Ingrid's POV

"Finally." I sighed setting my black dance bag on the hard dance floor. After a tiring day at school, I could finally dance away my stress. My mom got me started on dance when I was three, and I've been taking it ever since.   She was once a dancer, or so she told me.   I loved to dance. I loved the feeling you got while spinning across the floor, or when you nailed a combination. Dance was my escape from my weird family, my stress, and it was a way to express my emotions.  

An empty dance studio was my favorite space to work. I spent a good hour, stretching and warming up my muscles, only thinking about the limberness of my body.  My mousy brown hair, pulled in a hasty ponytail, swaying by nape of my neck.  Next, I grabbed my point shoes out of my bag. They were getting a bit too worn for my liking, the toes were almost fraying. I shoved my damaged toes into the hard tips of the beautiful shoes.  I stood, balancing myself on the top of my toes, feeling  graceful for once.   I set my phone to my point routine playlist, ready to dive into the workout. 

My mind, roamed from my normal routine. Instead, I focused on the music. Mozart's music filled the studio with it's nimble melodies.  I loved Mozart, something I had picked up on from Uncle Bruce. His music was crystal clear and balanced unlike my life.  I knew I was sounding like a stereotypical teenager, but I couldn't help it. I was worried. Mom was acting different this morning, and I think I knew what was happening. An unpleasant feeling crawled it's way into my gut. I pushed away from the bar, diving into my big solo for the Winter dance recital. The recital was the first time both my parents would be there, and most of the schools I was applying to were coming a well. 

My mind was unfocused and paranoid.  I continued to dance, suddenly aware of the pain in my toes. It was normal for dancers to experience pain while on point. I was used to it by now, dancing through the dance. You dance until you ache, you dance until your toe nails break and most importantly you dance until it's perfect. My parents weren't super hardcore on me like most people expected, mostly I was hard on myself.  My parents were always busy with their jobs of being heroes, they had little time to pay attention to school and dance work for me. My mom, however, loved watching me dance, no matter how bad I was. But wanted to be good. I wanted my parents to notice more.  Most importantly, I wanted a dance scholarship.  I needed to get out of the world of S.H.I.E.L.D and out of the world of business. I wanted to dance, and I knew that wasn't going to happen without a full ride scholarship.  My parents vaguely knew of my ambitions, and they somewhat supported me, but they were paranoid. But once I had a scholarship, they'd realize I was okay and they wouldn't need to worry. 

My foot stumbled as I landed, causing my body and mind to jerk back into reality.  I sighed in frustration, internally scolding myself for letting my mind wander. I smoothed back my hair, grabbed a sip of water and moved back into my starting position.  Here we go again I think

Just one dance away from a possible scholarship. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm basing them off the songs of the musical, and this one is pretty short. Song from musical above.