32. She's Freaking Out

"Oh my God why does this always happen to me?" I sobbed.

"Calm down Jane everything will be okay." Lucy soothed me.

"How are you calm that just came out of you." Luke watched mortified in the corner.

"Jane you need to get me to a hospital."

"Um hm." I whimpered.

"Okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded nervously.

"You okay?" She asked again.

"Yeah." I calmed down. "Where's Mark?" I asked as Lucy hunched over in pain.

"He left to go get ice." Lucy answered.

"It's okay I can get you in the car." I sighed grabbing my keys.

"Luke stay with the kids." I yelled walking Lucy outside to my car.

I started the car and started to call Mark repeatedly. My mind kept racing back to Rachel. My best friend, my person, the only one I had left. And how similar this was. Tears welted in my eyes. I blinked frequently to get clear vision. The hospital wasn't far and Mark wasn't answered. My hands started to tremble the more I thought about everything.

"Jane?" Lucy called. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Everythings going to be fine." I took a deep breath. "We're almost there." I answered.

I raced through the parking lot parking closest to the front to the emergency entrance. I draped Lucy's arm around my shoulders so I could help her walk. As I walked her to the front where the nurses sat her down in a wheel chair.

"Jane please don't leave me." Lucy whined.

"I won't I'm right here I
I'm going to wait for Mark." Her hand was pulled from mine as she was rolled back to the maternity wing. Moments later a frazzled Mark raced in.

"Where is she?"

"They are already in the back waiting.

"Jane what's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I nodded in an answer before he ran through the hospital.

***

LUCYS POV

Mark raced through the door.

"Oh my God baby I'm sorry I'm late."

"It's okay I'm okay." I reassured him. "Look I need you to do something for me." I asked.

"Anything." He nodded.

"Give me your phone I need to call Luke, Jane needs him." I explained.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She's freaking out." I shouted. "Something's wrong I can tell even if she won't say anything.

"She said she's fine." He remembered.

"Women almost never sat what they mean haven't you learned that already." I explained. "And she's too prideful to admit that she needs him." I explained.

"Lucy you shouldn't meddle." He argued.

"Somethings wrong, she needs him, Luke will know what to do." I huffed. "Now if you don't hand over your damn phone I'm going to tell the nurses not to give me an epidural and I'm going to crush every single bone in your hand." I threatened as he handed over the phone. I dialed Luke's number and waited for him to pick up.