This Isn't Goodbye

-Character: Valentina Marshall
-Age: 16
-Description: Green eyes with brown and gold specks, long red wavy hair, height 5'6", slightly sun-kissed skin 
-Personality: Very sarcastic, slightly rude to people she doesn't know/like, sticks up for the people she loves, had depression when her brother died, trust issues due to a bad relationship
-Training: since she was 5
-Fighting: Since she was 10
-----------------------
Family;
Father: Dead-- Zombie toxin
Mother: Dead-- Suicide
Aunt: Living in Chicago
Brother: Dead-- 4 years old, currently a witness
---------------------
Relationships:

•Cameron Dalton: Ex-Member of Valentina's team, dated for a year and a half, abusive.
•Jayda Carter: Member of Valentina's team, best friend since they were 4.
•Kimmie Yett: Member of Valentina's team.
•Jaxson Kell: Member of Valentina's team.
•Uri Rydell: Member of Valentina's team.
Jeremiah Carter: Member of Valentina's team, brother of Jayda.
Jacob Samuel: Ex member of Valentina's team, status-- Dead
---------------------
Chapter 1
Valentina's POV
--------

"We lost Cameron for reasons you won't tell us, and now you're leaving too?" My best friend Jayda said.

"I have to, my parents are dead, and I can't live on my own." I replied monotone. "It's not my choice." As I moved my body into a sitting position on the floor.

"Right, I'm sorry. This blows! Why can't you stay here? My dad will let you stay at our place, you know that." She ends up sighing when I shake my head. "Fine!" Jayda exclaims while throwing her hands up, which caused popcorn to fly everywhere.

"Do you really want to know why I kicked Cameron off the team? You can't tell anyone though." Jayda nodded and waited for me to continue. "He wasn't only kicking and punching zombies.." I explained and drifted off. She was silent before getting off the couch and jumping into one of her rants.
~
It was the night after a fight against a nest of zombies, and I just happened to be bitten during the fight. All I wanted to do was sleep and regain my energy but my boyfriend, Cameron, had other ideas.
"Come on baby, let's have some fun." He whispered and moved his hand to my lower back.
"No, I need sleep, I'm still not at a hundred percent." Cameron was silent then he removed his hand and brought it to my head, instead of playing with my hair, he pushed my face deeper into the pillow. I thrashed around and ended up kicking him in his groin, I pushed up from the bed and looked over at him.
"What is wrong with you!" I screeched.
"What's wrong with me? The question is what's wrong with you bïtçh, you don't deny me!" He shouted and slapped my face. I looked back to him in shock and ran out of the room.
~
"That jerk! Why didn't you tell us? I could go beat his âss!" Uri said angrily. Yes, Jayda convinced me to tell the rest of the team. We were sitting in our local hang out, Bruno Pizzeria. I thought it would be better to tell them in a public place, since we are all slayers.

"I didn't know how to tell you guys, we were all friends with him, I didn't know who you'd choose."

"You know we would have chosen you." Kimmie said. I nodded slowly and we all looked up as we heard a familiar voice. One that I did not want to ever hear again.

"So you're running away from your problems now?" Cameron taunted with a smirk. Jeremiah stood up and pushed him back.

"You stay away from us, you hear me? Don't you ever come near Valentina again. Or I'll make you feel the way you made her feel. Maybe even a little worse." Before Cameron could walk away, Jaxson got up and punched him across the face. As Cameron attempted to get up off the floor, Jaxson kicked his side.

"Now get out of my face. Low life." He sat back down and turned into his normal self. "Now what kind of pizza are we getting?"

This is it. Time for me to move to Chicago. We stood in front of the airport as Jayda squeezed me to death.
".....Kinda......Can't......Breath!" I said and she let go, while wiping a few tears away. Jayda steped back and allowed the others to hug me.
"Before I go I want to say something. First of all,  having all of you on my team has been the best thing a girl could ask for, all of you are loyal and we are like siblings. I wouldn't change it. Second, this isn't goodbye, it's an 'I'll see you later' okay?" Everyone nodded and we gathered into a group hug. "I'll be back before you know it, I promise." I walked through the swinging doors and into the corridor. Then... I walked back out.
"I almost forgot! I want Uri to take over my place, if you except it." I turn to him and he's grinning.

"I would be honoured, my lady." He said and bowed.

"Take care of them, okay?" I whispered as I gave him a final hug, he nodded  and let go. I smiled at my friends and made my way back inside to the check-in station.
-
"Hi, how may I help you?" The overly cheerful brunette said. I handed her my boarding pass and my passport while she typed in the information. "So, it's a first class, one way ticket to Chicago, correct?"

"Yes, it is." She motioned for me to place my luggage onto the scale and then she attached a tag to the handle. The women carried it over to the conveyer belt and I watched it disappear.

"Well, your going to be at gate 77C, boarding starts at 11:25 and the plane is set to take off at 12:15. You can go to Security Port A, is there anything else?"  I shook my head and offered a warm smile.

"Thank you for the help." I said and turned away. I followed the signs leading to Security A, but I came to an abrupt stop when I saw my brother, Max. He motioned me to follow him, which I did. I walked into the women's washroom and made sure no one was in it, before locking the door behind me. There he was sitting on the counter, looking exactly the same as when he died.
"Buddy, what are you doing here?" I asked softly.

"I wanted to see how you were dealing with leaving." He replied. I was nine when Max died in a school shooting, seven years ago. Yet he still looks the same, his blue pullover and green tie with his black dress pants, he never liked matching colours.

"I'm okay. How's mom and dad?" Max is what we call a Witness, which is like a 'guardian angel', Max was able to come to me in spirit form and warn me of anything.

"Their okay. I have some news. I don't think that I'll be able to visit everyday anymore, there's some problems happening. Also, I have to tell you that when you get to Chicago, there will be some dangerous stuff going on."

"Oh please," I laughed. "I deal with dangerous stuff all the time."

"This will be worse. Choose sides of the war wisely. I love you." He said and faded away.

"Wait Max! Don't leave!" But he was gone. I looked  at my phone and saw that it was 11:00, well I have twenty five minutes till I need to get on the plane. What to do, what to do. I launch Safari and look up the news in my aunt's town.

Two Local Boys Die, Cause; Rare Disease.

Two Gangs: Conflict Starting?
I click on the link about the boys dying and I'm surprised. This 'rare disease' is exactly how our reporters talked about Jacob's death, and he died from zombie toxin. Not that they knew that. I then clicked on the second link about the gangs and-
Oh my god. An idea formed in my head, the only one that would make sense from knowing what I know.
There are two slayer teams where I'm going.