four ; confusion

My sobs are interrupted by the sound of the door slowly creaking open. I sniffle and wipe my tears away, turning towards the door to see who came to visit.

A stormtrooper walks into the room and sets a pile of clothes and a few other necessities on the dresser. He sends me a nod and disappears again. I find myself sighing in relief at something to do.

I get up from my bed and look through the black shirts, sweaters, and pants, as well as soap, deodorant, and other things I'll need. I long for something as simple as a book, something that I don't find here. I finally decide to rid myself of the dirt and grime I'd built up since getting here, and take a shower.

I tip toe into the connected bathroom and undress, refusing to look at my bruised, damaged, and disgusting body in the mirror, and step into the shower.

I wash away dry blood and scuffs, as well as the emotions I'd been wearing on my sleeve. Since I'd already realized that there is no way I'll ever make it out of here, I've also realized that there's no point in wallowing in self pity, sadness, and regret.

I mentally open the box where I keep those whose deaths and disappearances have left me unstable, storing them away and hoping to never see them again. I put my sister inside, and then, I clear my mind.

I step out of the shower and dress myself in a black shirt and pants, as well as socks. When I'm back in the bedroom, I hear a slight buzzing sound that catches me by surprise.

The First Order, I realize, has somehow forgotten to confiscate the Resistance communication device that I'd kept in my ear. I rush forward and dig it out of my dirty clothes, slightly smiling when I see that I'm receiving a call.

"Hello?" I answer quietly, not sure if the Imperials are watching me as I speak.

"Oh my god, Mali. You answered." I hear Poe's voice on the other end, and my smile grows much bigger.

"Poe, I don't know how much I can talk. They could be watching me right now." I tell him. It still warms my heart to hear that he was trying to reach me. I miss my best friend.

"Have you been captured?" He asks.

"Yes. They were keeping me in the prisons, but-"

"But?"

"H-he seemed to move me, for some reason. I don't know why. They gave me a room with a bed and shower and even got me clothes, and they're letting me alone." I ramble. I'd formed a habit of rambling without much control in stopping, and right now was no exception.

"He? Who's he-" Poe's voice is cut off by the door slamming open.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Kylo Ren enters the room, his cape sweeping behind him as he lowers himself down into a chair facing me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, his metallic voice catching me off guard.

"Uh.." I shrug. I lower myself down on my bed and hold his gaze... well, I think I am. Who knows? He's wearing that mask.

"I presume that you feel better, as you're no longer crying over that pathetic woman-"

"Don't you dare call my sister pathetic, you royal asshole." I hiss, standing up again with my meanest glare etched on my face.

"You will not call me names when I am the only reason you aren't rotting in a cell any longer." He growls in response, quickly shutting my mouth. What can I say to that?

"Learn to appreciate those who help you, woman." Is the last thing he says before angrily storming out of the room. I realize that I'd been holding my breath the minute he'd started to speak. I thought I'd hated that man with everything in me, yet when I listened to his altered, mechanical voice, something made my heart beat a little faster.

And that something surely wasn't hatred.

-

this is going so slow ugh

I hope you like it though

I really enjoy this story:-)

please let me know what you think, I adore hearing from you!

-kait