First Dance

Heroine POV

Nate and I were going to school for our first dance. It was our father's idea that we have a little fun without him. Once we entered Suzy Wilder flashed us a fake smile. I swear she does this considering who our father is. She hates the fact that she is not wealthy. It's not like Nate and I chose this.

They were playing a One Direction song on the dance floor. Nate and I showed everybody how it's done. Everyone surrounded us fascinated with the ease and tempo we had with the music then someone blurted out the most hurtful thing ever. "Louis Tomlinson's a disgrace he never would have survived the X-Factor without the other boys of One Direction ! Maybe that's why he LEFT !"

I ran out crying. Nate ran after me. "Let's go home Mione.", Nate said picking me off the ground. "Why would anyone say that ?", I asked still not believing it actually happened. "I don't know Mione. I don't know.", Nate said as we slowly approached our house. We unlocked the door finding no sign of our father. Then I spotted his phone on the kitchen counter.

It was Messages from a contact Labeled Zayn Malik. This is what we read :

Zayn : Louis I got your new number from Perrie. I forced it out of her, but she wouldn't budge so I stole her phone and got it.
L :

Z : They guys and I miss you. Stop this nonsense of not coming back to the band. I hurt you I get that, but hiding isn't going to work for ever.

L :

Z : Text me back when you get this Louis. I really miss you.
* The end of messages *

I am 100 % sure my father didn't want to talk to Zayn for a reason. I r member now. Zayn was Patricia's other father and he wasn't there for her. Let's not forget he has messed with my father more than enough times.

I sat my dad's phone down and slowly crept up the stairs to his room. "Dad ?", I say before opening the door to find my father fast asleep. Nate popped in Grease and I cuddle with my father. I guess Nate is strong enough for all of us. He hugged me and Dad goodnight before going back to the movie.

Soon we were all asleep. I felt stirring next to me. "Mione when did you guys get home ?", Dad asked concerned. I smiled weakly, "The dance was boring and we had seen the messages on your phone before coming up here. We love you Dad. Zayn doesn't matter. Focus on the positives. You have 2 children who love you with all their hearts. No need to feel down. We're here for you. As you would be here for us."

We drifted back into sleep I have a feeling. Not a bad one. A good one. That this is only going to get more complicated. The best thing that we can do is be there. I felt better when it is just me, my dad, and Nate. It felt complete that way. No one is jeopardizing that. Not now. Not ever.