Reaping day

I put on my dress and did my hair which was put into a simple bun. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked nothing like most people in district 4, just my plain old self. My hair is a medium length and is a pretty brown color. My eyes are big and are a deep brown color. My skin is a light Olive color with a dab of freckles. My lips are a light pink color and are really chapped.

I was woken out of my trance when my mom called saying it was time to head for the square. I hugged her knowing it could be one of the last times I would see her. I then said goodbye to my 10 year old sister and my 20 year old brother. When I walked, I smiled knowing I had only one year left and then I could be free of my worries.

They took my blood like every agonizing year. It stung a bit but I just shook it off knowing there was still more of this to come. I went into the line of all the other 17 year old girls and waited for half an hour before Tatiana Pan came on on stage. She had unnatural green hair and a light green skin. I never understood how the capital people find this attractive. She started talking about the history of the games and played the video from the capital, but I zoned out having listening to this every year for 5 years. She finally got to reaping the female tribute.
"This year's female tribute is..."
I wasn't listening until the people around started looking at me.
"Brooke Tide come on up" Tatiana said.
I slowly started walking up to the stage trying to hold in my tears for the cameras knowing that all the tributes would be watching. I took a deep breath walking up the steps. Tatiana shakes my hand and I slowly extend my hand. She then went to the boys and called out Michael Troy. I know him from school. He's really good with tridents and spears and all the girls love him. He walked on the stage acting all cocky and it looked like he was getting a big head. She asked us to shake hands.
" This years tributes, Brooke Tide and Michael Troy"

She pushed us through two large doors and then peacekeepers escorted me to one side and him to the other. I waited there for 15 minutes before my family burst through the door. My sister Nicky came first sobbing like a mad woman. She hugged me and wouldn' t let go. My brother Coletyn stood there emotionless looking into space. I went over to hug him and he just stood there, still. My mother came in last, trying to look strong for my family. Eventually, the peacekeepers came and took my family away while my sister was screaming. I felt a few tears drop fall down my face knowing that this was the last time I am going to see my family. I am going into the games, and i am gonna die.

Hello this is my first story. Don't worry there's more Finnick in the upcoming chapters.