Love and Hate

I find a tree and climb it. I sit there and I sob. Today has been the worst day ever. I should have seen it coming. These are the games and there and no winners, no happy endings. Just death and destruction. I cry until the anthem comes and I look up to the sky. I see Amber and I shake. I calm down when I see Willow. Her smiling face shines and I sigh knowing she will never smile again. Never get another day. And there's nothing I can do about it. I hear my stomach growl, but I don't care. I'm not in the mood to eat. I hear snow crunching beneath me and I grab my knives.
"Not so fast sweetheart" I recognize that voice. Brandon!
"Oh you poor baby. Think you deserve to live"
"Oh yes. Otherwise how would you enjoy the pleasure of my company"
" I don't know how I would survive" I reply sarcastically. He chuckles.
"You must be lonely"
"No because you just made my day" I mumble
"I heard that. Come on down" What! He was such a jerk in training. I'm going anyway. Its not as though my life's of any value. I hop down. And I fall on my butt.
"Wow. You still don't fail to amaze me with your charm"
"Its a gift" I say and flip my hair back. I close my eyes and put my arms out dramatically.
"What are you waiting for"
"What"
"You're so supposed to kill me brutally with that plan of yours"
"I can't do that. I was expecting more of a fight"
"Well once I'm gone you stand more of a chance"
"As if there was a possibility of my death" I scoff
"You have so much faith in yourself"
"You have so little" I don't argue.
He sighs.
"Allies?"
"You're kidding"
"Nope. Dead serious"
"I asked you that in the training arena when I shot a knife towards your head"
"I really needed a haircut" he mumbled under his breath.
"Yeah whatever. I'm not gonna be your ally just to have you stab me in the back. Besides, you made me look stupid"
"You look stupid all on your own"
" Gee thanks." he gets his spears out.
"You want to be my ally. Or do you want to die"
"It dosent seem like I have a choice"
"Smart" We settle in a tree and he barely keeps the branch from snapping.
"Why do you even want me as an ally?"
"I'm lonely"
"Yeah right. Give a real reason"
"Good night"
"This isn't over!" I soon fall asleep but wake up screaming.

Willow comes with Amber. Amber starts eating my flesh and Willow comes and says," Why didn't you save me? Why did you let me die?"

In a second Brandon is by my side.
"What's wrong"
"Had a bad dream" I then see how close his lips are to mine. I quickly sit up.
"We should hunt" I speak rapidly. He looks kinda hurt but just for a second before he's back to his normal, stupid self. I grab my knives and we head off.

In about an hour, we catch two rabbits, a strange bird, and we gather some nuts. I skin them and them and am about to make a fire before Brandon stops me.
"Woah, woah, woah. Are you stupid?"
"I thought we already made that clear"
"You can't just make a fire!"
"Then eat it raw"
"We'll cook it. But you cook and I'll keep watch"
"Yeah"

In about 30 minutes, we have a good sized meal but we only eat half of it. We save the rest for later.
"I'm tired"
"Go to sleep"
"Okay" he yawns.
This is my chance of escape

Thank you for reading my story. Please comment and vote
-Krystal