Guilt

I was in so much pain. I couldn't believe myself. I should have paid more attention. I should have noticed that he seemed upset when he left early yesterday. And I had just LET him without batting an eye....

     Who knew where he was now or what had happened to him. I had barely gotten any sleep last night. I just laid in my bed, sobbing. What if he.......? No, oh no no no. No. Don't think about that. He's fine. He would never do that. He wasn't THAT upset.........or was he?

     I broke down sobbing uncontrollably again. The thought of losing my best friend for 33 years hurt me more than I could have ever imagined. I would never be able to live if I lost him. He was everything I had. I couldn't give up hope. If he was still out there, I was determined to find him. I would never stop looking. Never. Even if I was 90 years old and GMM had long been canceled and the public had just moved on and accepted that Rhett James McLaughlin was gone, I would not. I would search furiously until I dropped dead in the process. I would not rest until I atleast found what had happened to him. Even if I just found his skeleton.......no, no, don't think about that. I would find him. I had to find him. No matter what the cost.

     I would do anything just to see his smile again.