Chapters 1-10

Chapter 1

2 years ++ later
London, Great Britain

Hey dear, I looked at the person talking. Look at this. There’s an auction of jewellery and look at what they’ve got? A diamond and emerald bracelet and guess how much is the initial bid. A fcking $750,000.00 Who else would buy that kind of jewellery?

I looked at the paper that person is holding. Sumikip bigla ang heart ko. That’s the bracelet Enzo gave me. I left it on his bed before I left. So he sold it. Maybe thats an heirloom and an antique  and the gems cost that much. You know how much they treasure antiques nowadays. I gave back the paper and continued packing my clothes.  It’s been 2 years. After I left Amsterdam, I went to Egypt, then Spain, US and Singapore. Yes I’m running away. I never stayed in one place for the fear that he might find me. But I got tired and settled here in London.  

Yah! Like the one Rose i don't know her family name throw in the middle of the ocean. If I were in her shoes I wouldn’t dare throw it. Oh! Would you like me to help you pack? By the way I forgot to introduce her. She’s Jeannie, a friend and we share the apartment. She’s nice and understanding. Just like Nica way back in the Philippines. I missed her and Ron. I miss the school, our friends. I miss my family, I miss my apartment, I miss….him. Until now, I haven’t moved on. Not even a bit. I still miss him. I know I’m pathetic. Leaving him and then missing him. How pathetic.

Nope. I bring only some of my clothes. I’ll not bring my other stuffs. You can have it.

Really? You’re not kidding? She really sound delighted of me leaving her almost everything.

Yeah! Yeah! Im sure. You can even have it auctioned or a garage sale perhaps? I smiled at her.

Are you kidding me? Garage sale for a channel bag, A louie vuitton purse? And she suddenly frowned I’m gonna miss you Era. Are you sure you wanted to go back to the Philippines? You seem fine here and besides…

Jean I wanted to spend time with my family. It’s time for me to go home. And she suddenly got teary eyed and hugged me. I hugged her back.

I really gonna miss you Era. Always open your skype, your ym and everything. Update me. I’ll get in touch with you whenever I can. And take good care of yourself. Don’t work too hard. Just take it easy. Take your vitamins regularly. Exercise. Eat a lot and be happy! Okay!

Jeannie.. you sound an awful lot like a search engine for healthy living. Once Jeannie starts talking she never stops.

Is that David coming with you? She asks me with a malicious tone in her voice.

He said he will. I started zipping my suitcase and re checking my bag for the documents I needed.

He better come with you if not…

If not what?

He’ll regret it. He’ll end up with me. And she laughed. Jeannie have a major crush on David. David is another friend of mine. You’ll met him soon.

Ding dong

I’ll get it. That must be my David love.  Finished what you’re doing and don’t forget the things that I gave you. I’ll never forgive you if you’re going to forget all those.

But its heavy. I shouted after her while she’s running towards the door. She ignored me.

Hey David. And she give him a kiss in the cheek which made David blush. David will be the one to carry it. Aren’t you Dave?

Carry what? David asked puzzled.

The things I gave her. She doesn’t want to bring it. She pouted.

Don’t worry about it. And he winked at Jeannie which made Jeannie turn to crimson. By the way, before I forgot. He is David. My friend. One of the few people I met along the way when I’m just new here. David is half British, 1/4 Korean and 1/4 Filipino. His mother is Half Korean, half Filipino. So maybe that’s it. You’ll know about him more in the near future.

You’re ready now Babe? Babe, yeah! That’s what he calls me. Anyone who’ve heard and seen us might think that were together but were not. Really, we’re just friends. We can’t be together when all along I haven’t moved on from my past. I don’t want to use him.

Yeaaaahh, I guess? I smiled at him uncertainty is evident in my voice. Frankly, I’m quite nervous because I don’t know what awaits me.

He patted my shoulder. You can do it. You are brave. Jeannie, we better get going before someone here changes her mind. And he picked up my suitcase and loaded it in the car. Before I went out of the apartment I sighed deeply. Philippines, I’m coming home!