Chapter Twenty Eight

Sakura was stronger. Still pretty helpless, but she could hold her own against me (going easy) for about a minute. I was actually pretty proud of her. Sasuke, Naruto and I were waiting outside the academy for Sakura. I hope she didn't back out, especially after all that hard work I put into her.

I looked up, seeing Sakura walk up. "Hey, Sakura-chan, you're late!" Naruto calls. 

"Uh, right," She mumbles, waving, "Sorry guys," She looks at Sasuke. "Good morning Sasuke-kun," She says calmly, carefully.

He glances at her, "Yeah," What's up with her? She's... different. He thought.

We were traveling up to room 301, but someone had placed a genjutsu on floor two and was blocking the doorway. "What a waste of time," I yawned. I can sense that they're chunins anyway, just coming up here to scope out the new genin.

The boy hit some girl with buns. "Man, that's harsh," Somebody commented. Harsh? Seriously? Look at that girl, she's obviously faking. I think she can take a hit. 

"Did you say harsh?" The boy said, reading my mind. "Delicate little girls don't belong here," He insulted. We walk up. I hang towards the back of our teammates. No need to be noticed, and I'm watching their backs.

"Nice speech," Sasuke droned, "Now, both of you, step aside and let me through,"

"While your at it, reverse the gen jutsu. We can see through it anyway," I pipe up. 

"So you saw through our genjutsu, eh?"

"Go ahead Sakura. I'm sure you saw it before any of us did," Sasuke says.

"Huh?" Sakura questioned.

"You have the sharpest eyes and best analytical skills of anyone on our squad. You must have seen this coming a mile away," Sasuke complimented. I smiled to myself. You saw she was nervous,  unsure of herself, and you helped her. Nice going, Sasuke. 

"I must have?" She asks, caught off guard, "Well sure. Of course, sure. I spotted it right away. This is only the second floor," She smirks.

"Right!" Naruto nods in agreement. They release the genjutsu, and one of the chunin/boys goes to kick Sasuke. But a flash of green stops them. My eyes widen. He's fast. I smirk. But not as fast as me. 

Okay, so I would be barely faster then him. But when I'm flying, no one can match my speed. I'm content with that. But he stopped both their kicks like nothing. He has some serious chakra in his arms. Or he's just really strong...

"Hey, what happenned to the plan? I thought you were the one who said to keep a low profile and don't let anyone see our skill level?" A Hyuga asked.

"Never mind, it's over, forget it," The bun girl sighed. The boy in the green jumpsuit was blushing, a determined look in his eye. He made his way over to us. Hey, where did the bruises he had before? Were they fakes? Sasuke thought.

The boy in the green jumpsuit stood in front of Sakura. I was slightly behind her, looking around in boredom. I glanced at the boy. Holy shit, he's tall! Or I'm short... I was shorter than Naruto, and that Gaara kid. I frowned. Am I shorter than everyone? Not fair!

"My name is Rock Lee. Your name is Sakura, right?" Sakura stared at him, not knowing what to make of this situation. "Please be my girlfriend! I vow to protect you with my life!" He said with a cheesy smile and wink. 

"Defibitely... not," Sakura replied. You can't blame the girl, she doesn't even know the guy. 

Rock Lee looks depressed now. "Why?"