Chapter Forty Eight

Everyone departed, sharing sad looks. Sakura was left standing outside the building, feeling as though she's forgotten something. She stood there, incomplete, feeling utterly useless. And heartbroken. She was heartbroken over Sasuke, even though she didn’t even want to be…

Suddenly, she remembered, pulling out a folded piece of paper. She opened it and quickly began reading.

“When you're ready to get over him.” -- Keira.

To: Sasuke 
From: Sakura

The saddest thing is you could be anything
That you could want
We could have been everything
But now we're not
Now it's not anything at all  

The hardest part was getting this close to you
And giving up this dream I built with you
A fairytale that isn't coming true
You've got some growing up to do

I wish we could have worked it out
I wish I didn't have these doubts
I wish I didn't have to wonder just what you are doing now
I wish I didn't know inside 
That it won't work out for you and I
I wish that I could stop this wishing and just say my last goodbye

After all the things you put me through
Tell me why I'm still in love with you
And why am I, why am I still waiting for your call ?

You broke my heart
I'm taking it back from you
And taking back the life I gave to you
Life goes on before and after you
I've got some growing up to do

I wish we could have worked it out
I wish I didn't have these doubts
I wish I didn't have to wonder just what you are doing now
I wish I didn't know inside 
That it won't work out for you and I
I wish that I could stop this wishing and just say my last goodbye

It's time I said my last goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye  
It's time I said my last goodbye

I wish we could have worked it out
I wish I didn't have these doubts
I wish I didn't have to wonder just what you are doing now
I wish I didn't know inside 
That it won't work out for you and I
I wish that I could stop this wishing and just say my last goodbye

It's time I said my last goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye  
It's time I said my last goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye  
It's time I said my last goodbye

Sakura closed her teary eyes, then opened them, determinant blazing in the green orbs. She stormed upstairs, bursting into the office. Tsunade raised an eyebrow. "Yes?" She asked.

"Tsunade! I want you to train me!" Sakura declared.

Tsunade studied her closely, judgement in her eyes. "Are you sure? I won't go easy on you," She tried to deter Sakura.

But Sakura was determined. "I am very sure. I want you to be my sensei. I want to learn how to heal, how to be stronger, how to be useful," She persuades.

Tsunade closes her eyes, a thoughtful expression on her face. "Very well. I'll train you," The Hokage agrees.

Thank you, Keira. Sakura thinks gratefully.

Thank you.

 ***

Naruto stared at the picture of team seven. There was Sasuke and him, glaring away from each other. There was Kakashi sensei, trying to control them for one picture. There was Sakura, smiling into the camera. 

And there was Keira. Slightly to the side and behind the others, a small, small smile on her face. And a look in her eyes, fierce and gentle at the same time. It was caring, protective, loyal. It showed that she would do whatever it took to protect them, protect their innocence, protect their relationship, protect them from themselves.

"No!" Naruto said out loud, slamming his fist on the table. "I refuse to believe it!”

“Keira, I believe in you!"

***

Kakashi sighed into his hands. He looked up and saw Gai. "Not now, Gai," Kakashi shook his head.

"No... I came here to talk to you. You know that that Gaara kid saved Lee, right?" Gai asked. Kakashi nodded his head wearily. "Well, afterwards, they talked a bit..."

Flashback

"So you're another one, hey?" Gaara whispered.

Lee cocks his head to the side. "Hm?"

"You have someone in your life... who you honor and revere so much that every hurt inflicted on them... is inflicted on you as well. And the closer they are to you, the greater the pain," Gaara explained.

"To feel so strongly for someone you would fight for them... and die for them..."

"Do you have someone, Gaara?" Lee asked. Gaara looked up to the sky, thinking. "Because when you have that someone... it makes your life that much better, and when you fight for them, you fight ten times stronger!"

"I... I believe that I do have someone," Gaara intoned.

"Yes?"

"This person... they rescued me from my loneliness, they brought me into the light, even as they drowned in their own darkness. And I worry for them even now,"

"You love them."

"Love," Gaara tasted the word, rolled it around over  his tongue. "Love... yes, I love her. For one of the first times in my life, I'm happy, and it's because of her,"

Kakashi sighed. "He'll be devastated," There was no doubt in his mind that the person Gaara loved was Keira.

"But that's not the point! Keira was happy for the first time in years... because of him. They were happy together. He'll be put through terrible pain because she left... is she someone who would put him throught that pain? You think on that," Gai ordered, then disappeared.

You were truly happy for the first time... would you really throw that away? Kakashi mused.

***

Gaara stared out at the sand, a crumpled scroll in his hand. Hurt, pain, sadness, anger, worry... A mix of emotions rolled off him. His glassy eyes shattered, unable to contain the emotions, and a single tear slipped down his face.

Keira... I will find you... and I will save you. And if you really did run away...

I'll bring you back!

_________________________________________________

Chapter Forty Eight!

*Sob* Just give me a moment. *Sniffle* Kyo-chan?

Elloooooo! It is I, kyokohime! I am back, for the last time in Forgotten Darkness, maybe, I'll do some in the sequel, anywhoooo, what did you guys think? The 2nd to last chapter!  That made me sad! But I hate you! Kie-chan! You still leave us in suspense until the very end! You still haven't told us what happed to Keira! *sigh* Want some more lovely readers, ne, kie-chan? When Scribble comes back, this'll be finished! I feel so nostalgic now, umm, anything else Kie-chan? Oh yeah!

Vote

Comment

Fan

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *waves like an idiot* :DDD

As she said, we're nearing the end. Next chapter will be the very last chapter. 

This was just every ones reactions on Keira's disappearance. 

Poor, poor Gaara.

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119