Three: Cyr

Cyr. A name that strikes fear into the hearts of the entire world is once again being whispered on the streets. A monster so evil that everyone knows it's name is once again at large and ready to kill as many people as it needs to to take over the world. As fears rise the timeless question is being asked yet again: who will save us? The answer comes in a surprising form. A local hero by the name Magdelen has offered to go on a quest to speak with this monster and save the town. Will she make it? Who will win? These questions have yet to be answered, but pick up a copy of our paper next week for more details on what officials are calling The Suicide Mission. 

"Hey, Errinthorac, check out my paper for me, would you?" Ken asked as he handed the manuscript over. Errinthorac sighed and grabbed the paper.

"You spelled Magdalen wrong," she laughed.

"What? I tried like four times!" He scowled at the paper and handed it back to her.

Cyr. A name that strikes fear into the hearts of the entire world is once again being whispered on the streets. A monster so evil that everyone knows it's name is once again at large and ready to kill as many people as it needs to to take over the world. As fears rise the timeless question is being asked yet again: who will save us? The answer comes in a surprising form. A local hero by the name Magdalen has offered to go on a quest to speak with this monster and save the town. Will she make it? Who will win? These questions have yet to be answered, but pick up a copy of our paper next week for more details on what officials are calling The Suicide Mission. 

"Hmm, better," she smiled. " I guess it's okay, for a newbie, but it could use a lot of work." 

"I'm great at work! I can do anything, I'll get right to that then!" He practically skipped back to his desk.

"Freak," Errinthorac whispered to herself as she continued editing an article on diaper usage throughout the years. A phone rang and all work in the office stopped. They had a rule there, whoever gets the phone gets the story, so as soon as the phone rang everyone dropped their work and ran for the phone, not caring whose foot the step on or whose nose they break. Ken was lucky enough to grab the phone and answer with that glorious question:

"May I ask who I'm speaking to?" Ken grinned from ear to ear as the others sulked back to their desks.

"Yes, this is Mayor Silk. I'm looking to speak to the newest writer you have." Her voice was crisp and cool and reminded Ken of a cold breeze.

"That would be me," he answered promptly.

"Really? Great. Come down to city hall as soon as possible. I have a job for you."