Chapter 26 - Time

• Dedicated to Everyone of you lovely readers

Hello, lovelies. So here's a chapter. Took me a while to get up, I know. But it's a long-ish chapter that I hope you will enjoy. Please vote, comment, and fan. I love knowing what you guys think. 

Also, I'd like to ask something of you guys. If you enjoy my writing and would like to continue reading my stories after TMB comes to an end (too soon, I fear) then maybe you can check out my newest story, When You Dare. I'm very happy with it and I've got gigantic plans for it that I know you will all enjoy if you liked this story. Thank you! :D

Laters,

___________________________________________________________

I awoke in a cold sweat, the heavy beads falling from my neck and into the opening of my back. They journeyed downward, chilling my skin as they moved. Why was I sweating so? Were my dismantled nerved taking a hold of me, slipping me into a state of shock? No, I didn’t think so. Perhaps it was a simple answer, the obvious one; it was hot as hell in here. Even if I didn’t know where exactly I was. 

It was dark and humid, whatever little air there was sticking to my face. I could’ve been in a black hole, in an unlit shack, wherever, but I had no clue where that might be. I needed light and most of all, to keep a hold on my senses. I couldn’t start to malfunction now, for it’d do me no good, so I tuned my senses, held my breath, and closed my eyes. Maybe if I concentrated a bit harder I’d be able to tell whether or not I was alone. Or if I was lucky, I’d get a good listen in on a conversation or the outside world. Of one thing I was sure, this was confinement, a place very much like a cell. I could feel it in the wall surrounding me. 

Gingerly I pressed my hand to the wall in which I leaned against and found the texture most strange. Rigid, bump after bump of rusting metal. An idea formed in my mind. A box, perhaps? I had been blindfolded when brought over so I had seen nothing that could help me figure out my location.

An impatient sigh came from my right, causing me to gasp in surprise.

“Who is it?” I asked, taking advantage of the dark and pressing a hand to my rapidly beating chest. 

“It’s just me,” the voice said and with recollection of the hours I had spent before now, I remembered who was with me. My lawyer, Mr. Benton. The neanderthals had taken me to his office, forcing me to sign the papers of my inheritance over to ‘family’. They had dressed like normal humans, one of the men going into the office with me as if he owned the small, classy studio while the other stood guard outside. There was absolutely no point in that; nobody worked in the small studio but my lawyer himself. But I had been accompanied by two men, not one. My mother’s doctor before she passed away, Dr. Merchant, had been there with us. He would always watch me with shamed, apologetic eyes. I cursed myself for never suspecting a thing of him, for always seeing the good in him. At least Francisco had always disliked the man.

I could only hope a camera had been recording for surveillance. 

When the man signed his consent in ‘accepting’ my money, I did as Cisco told me; I motioned for Mr. Benton to leave a note when he saw the opportunity. Somehow, he managed, writing naught but two to four words. I hoped Cisco could make use of it, for I knew he’d be going to my lawyer’s office just for that. When the matters were done with they threatened my lawyer, knowing that already he was aware that they were not, indeed, family of mine. With no hesitation, they forced him to come with us.

I had no money now, not even the money which I had rightfully earned through modeling. It was all theirs, but I was in too serious a predicament at the moment to really care. 

“Are we alone?”

“Yes,” he answered, “I’ve not been able to shut my eyes the whole time we’ve been here. I saw them leave the crate, so I’m assuming they’re just outside.”