Chapter 15: Lovely Night

(Yumi pov) He kept me close to him with his one arm, me not being able to move much since his chin is on top of my head. I sat still waiting for his next move or for him to speak. This must not be so easy for him... that or something is really bothering him.

"Sesshomaru: Yumi..."

I tilted my head up as he did the same, I looked at his face and he started at the stars.

"Yumi: Yeah?"

"Sesshomaru: I'm unable to give you a full answer as to why I bit you, but knowing you, you just might rage. So to put it simply, I did it to kept Naraku away from you as much as possible."

He looked down at me and we made eye contact.

"Yumi: There's another reason for it. But you're not gonna tell me, are you."

He closed his eyes and sighed. So one reason was to keep Naraku away... What he did was smart, Naraku does fear Sesshomaru in away and knows that- He reopened his eyes and kissed me knocking me out of my thoughts. Then he pulled away as if reading my mind he spoke.

"Sesshomaru: If you are with me Yumi, you would become untouchable. Mostly to Naraku, even if it was just my scent he wouldn't dare come near you."

"Yumi: You are a threat to him as am I, but one advantage... I'm only human despite all the things I can do... Am I really that weak?"

I put my head on his chest only to feel his hand leave my wait and stroke my hair a few times, then he leaned back, cupped my cheek and made me look at him. We made eye contact and he shook his head but smiled.

"Sesshomaru: If you were weak Naraku wouldn't fine you as a threat. You are incredibly strong for a human."

Sesshomaru... I smiled at his comment, then I hugged him.

"Yumi: Thank you."

After a bit we still sat there, a few kisses where shared as we enjoyed each other company and talked, finally I got the courage to ask him about his arm. I looked up at him and stroked his cheek making him look at me.

"Yumi: What happened to you arm?"

He looked at me to his arm less side as my hand landed on that shoulder.

"Sesshomaru: Inuyasha cut it off using Tetsusaiga when I was in my true form."

I was leaning on him then I sat up straddling him once more with shock written all over my face. Inuyasha's sword did that. No wonder why he wanted my Katan at first, he saw how I could deflect an attack.

"Yumi: But why?"

"Sesshomaru: I wanted it for myself and was/am willing to kill Inuyasha for it, along with that human girl."

"Yumi: Kagome... Have you attempted to kill her?"

"Sesshomaru: On more than one occasion."

I opened my mouth to rent but then closed it looking away. out of the corner of my eye I saw his face turn in my direction with a confused look.

"Sesshomaru: No scolding."

I sighed then turned to him, with a smirk.

"Yumi: You know I would if I could. But if I did then I would be a hypocrite because I too am guilty of nearly killing her. So I can't blame you."

He chuckled and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Yumi: Can I see it?"

He looked taken back by my question.