Chapter 12; The End....Not!

Chapter 12;

I was mortified.

What did Liam, think he was doing?

As he ran on stage, I heard several audience members gasp in surprise.

Honestly though, I was right along with them.

“What are you doing?” I whispered.

“I can’t let Janet get away with this!” he said.

“Liam, you explained everything to me, you don’t have anything else to prove!” I said.

“Maybe not to you, but I have a lot to prove to myself.” He said.

“Wait, what do you mean by that?” I asked.

Liam, simply ignored the question, and took the microphone from the announcer.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Before the fine host here, announces the winner, I would like you all to know something!” he said.

I sent a worried look towards Simon, who looked at me confused.

‘What is he doing?’ I mouthed.

Simon just shrugged. Then, as if he realized what was going on, he smiled.

“One of these fine ladies on this stage have commented a crime. That crime being Blackmail.” He said.

Everyone looked surprised, as was I, because I finally realized what he was doing.

Liam is going to turn Janet in, so I’ll win.

Which means Liam knew the winner.

Which means I lost.

I felt sadness, and guilt, and kinds of emotions replace the free and breezy mood I had. But yet, through the sadness, I knew what I had to do.

I couldn’t let Liam do this…

“Ja-“”

“it was me!” I shouted.

Everyone’s eyes widened, I looked up at Liam, who was also shocked.

‘I cant let you do this’ I mouthed, tears filling my eyes, as I took the microphone.

“Yes, I know its shocking. But its true. I blackmailed Simon, to let me make it through. I know it was wrong, and I’m sorry.” I said, pausing, to take the envelope from the hosts hands.

Opening it, I seen my name….

“But none of it matters now. Because Janet is the winner, and she deserves it. She was better then me, talented and otherwise. So congrats Janet, looks like you got what you wanted.” I said, then ran off stage, as the tears began to fall.

__DAYS LATER__

I was curled up on the sofa, back home in good old Florida. I had left England that night on a plan, and haven’t spoken to anyone since.  Addie, Brooke, Grace, all of them have tried to call.

All of them ignored.

I just cant deal with that right now.

And of course I got a lecture from my mom, and when I explained the whole thing she finally understood.

She’s now out of town, leaving me to deal with the mess I have created on my own.

The press have been eating this story up like flys, but I have refused to make any appearances or comments on the matter.

See as it was all a lie anyway.

There was a knock at the door, sighing heavily, I rose from the couch, and went to answer it.