A Troubled Hood Chick- Chapter 1

Hopefully, you like the book. I'm kind of feeling it. Anybody want a dope ass cover made for their story? Email me: crazymenahla@yahoo.com kik me: _MindlessNahla_ or inbox mee. I need the story title, what it's about, characters and anything else I need to know. By the way, it'll be allot of.."hood slang." in this so..don't put much thought in about correcting me for it. Kayy thanks.

***

 I watched as my mom popped open another bottle of strong rum. She had completely let herself go. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Your big ass gone look at me all day?" She said and gulped down some of it. I signed.

"Nope, I'm going out." I said. I wasn't even fat. I loved to eat though. I could throw down on some good food. I guess I had big thighs, and a big butt. My waist was small though you know? I slipped on my pink and white Adidas. I had spent all last night trying to clean them, but I guess it didn't help. Still raggedy looking.

With as much money I was making, I couldn't afford to buy shit! It was only because of my mom. I slipped on my jacket from the closet. 

"Come on Quana." She got off the couch and followed me to the front door. "Alright, I'll see you later. Go to Mrs. Rodger's house. I watched her knock on the door and waited until she answered the door. Once she got inside her apartment, I bolted down the stairs.

Luckily, my girls were already waiting for me in the front of the building. There was Jordan, Janae, Remy and Lora. "Y'all ready to go fight?" I asked and threw my backpack across my shoulder.

"Hell yeah, Coco ain't nothing but talk." Remy said and rolled her eyes. All of us walked off to Coco's house. "You know it's a party going on at her house right?" Janae reminded us all. 

"And? either way she getting that ass beat." I said and rolled my eyes. Coco's house was a few blocks down from my apartment building. That ghetto ass bitch was talking shit, once again. And I heard she was fucking around with my man, Ricardo.

Once we got inside the party, I wasn't surprised that it was easy to find Coco, her bright red hair stood out like a sore thumb. I spotted her and Ricardo sitting on her raggedy ass couch.

"What the fuck?" I said and tapped Ricardo on the shoulder. He looked back at me, confused.

"Whatchu mean what the fuck? I told you it was over two days ago." He said and chuckled. He placed one of his hands on Coco's thighs.

"My phone got turned off, so I wouldn't have known." I said.

"Girl, don't explain shit to him. Lets fuck her up." Remy butted in. Coco rolled her eyes. "You heard him, now get the fuck out my party." Coco said smacking her gum. I rolled my eyes and clutched my teeth in anger.

Ricardo instantly got off the couch and walked away from the scene. Coco got off the couch and stood up to my level. "What the fuck y'all hoes want?" She said. She didn't know what she had coming. My palms sweating ready to punch her

I swung my arm far back with my fist balled up and hit her in the mouth. Her mouth started to bleed. She held it in pain. All of a sudden three girls started coming at us. I pulled Coco's hair and started beating her in the head over and over again. My anger had taken over me.

Coco pushed me hard into the wall. I head ohhh's and ahhh's from people in the background. I watched as my girls fought the three girls who had came at us. I took a deep breath and ran up on Coco. I pinned her to the ground. My body sat on her stomach.

She gasped for air. I got off of her and repeatedly kicked her over and over again. Once I knew the bitch was unconscious. I backed away. I could hear police sirens going off. I motioned for the girls to follow me. We all bust through the back door and ran as fast as we could away from the house.

We stopped for some air at a near by gas station. It wasn't the first time we had ran from the police. I'm sure every kid who lives in the hood has, it's a natural thing. I ran my short finger nails through my sweat-ed out hair. "I bet she won't be talking shit anymore." I said and laughed.

"Hell yeah, her stupid ass friends didn't see what we were working with." Jordan said and showed off her two balled up fist, making us all laugh. "What you gone do about Ricardo dumb ass?" Janae said reminding me of him.

"Honestly? I don't know. Nothing I guess." I said and bent down to tie my shoe. Remy sucked her teeth. She was the one that was closest to me out of the group.

"Cause there isn't shit to do with him, he fucked Coco!" Remy said. I nodded my head agreeing with what she said. I had to get home and get ready for work. "I got to go home, see y'al later." I said. I walked out the gas station and towards home.

Didn't always feel safe walking alone because of these nasty boys now a days.Walking down the side walk, I could feel eyes glued to my body. I continued walking, ignoring the uninviting attention I was getting. A black escalade slowly rode past me.

Windows rolled down. I could hear "Smile." by Tupac playing in the car.

There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see

that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future.

But through whatever you see,

through all the rain and the pain,

you gotta keep your sense of humor.

You gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit.

Remember that.

Mmm, yeah.

Keep ya head up.Yeah.

I mouthed the lyrics and bobbed my head to the music. The passenger seat window rolled down. A boy who looked about one or two years older then me face showed. He had a high top fade and was rocking a black polo shirt.

He also had big brown eyes. "I see you like Tupac." He said. I stopped in my tracks because he scared me. "Uhhh..yeah." I said and gave him a small smile.

"My bad I didn't mean to scare you ma." He said and continued to bob his head.

"Yup." I said and continued to walk in a rush before I was late to work. The car stayed where it was. The boy still stared at me from out the window. I chuckled and walked into the smelly, apartment building. My day had been brighting.

****

I thought this chapter was boring :p oh well. Enjoy.