The Surprise When Gerard Gets Home.

Sarah.

I play with Bandit as Gerard went to go visit Rhiannon and Evelyn that afternoon. Bandit has just woken up from a nap and she is ready to play. Bandit jumped on the sofa and squealed happily as I got her a juice box and some animal crackers. The warm L.A sun poured into the house making it very warm and unbareable. I turned to A/C up some and sat beside Bee on the sofa. We were about to watch a movie. She was really excited about seeing this movie, Rugratz. It's the one where they got to Paris and the babies get lost. I don't know why but I actually really like this one. The movie was about to start, it was just getting past all the advertisment. You know a movie is old when . . . . .There is a commerical about Blue's Clues the movie and Dora the Explorer is just starting out. I smiled as Bee giggled at the beginning credits. She really likes this movie. I rolled my eyes as I heard some one at the front door. I didn't pause the movie, I just got up and went to the door. I hesitated when I got there. I looked like crap and if it's some one important, I'm scarewed. I wrapped myself in my knitted sweater. My sweat pant legs rolled up to my knees. My hair was put up into a messy bun and I wasn't wearing any make-up. My hand twisted the handle and pulled it open slightly to reveal a young boy no older than thirteen. He had messy black hair that was short but long enough you could get a good hand full of it if you needed too. He had big hazel eyes that reflected some one fermilure's. He had fair skin and stood at 4'5"  He had braces covering his teeth as his jaw hung open slightly. He wore a tee shirt with a hoodie tied around his waist. He wore board shorts and a pair of old sneakers. He wore a pair of murky green finger gloves and a necklace that hung low around his neck, on the end of it was a heart locket. It had the word Mom engraved in it. I'm guessing he toke it from his mom just in case he needed to pawn it. A back pack slung over his shoulder and an envelope in hand. He looked rather nervous.

"Hello?" I greeted with a rather curious voice. He toke a breath and smiled up at me.

"Hi." He replied. Hi was all he could say. Oh great a fan found Gerard's house.

"How can I help you?" I asked. He toke another deep breath and let it out slowly.

"My name is Declan Wood and I'm wondering is Gerard Authur Way here?" He asked in a poliet way. I stared down at him and smiled.

"Not at the moment. Why?" I ask. He sighed at me and smiled again.

"I think . . . .I think. He's my dad." Declan said nervously. Was this a prank? If it was this isn't funny. But this kid had a Louisiana accient and he looked exhausted. I looked at him with a serious expression and the mirrored on his face. He looked thirty and hungry and he looks really tired. I sighed and opened the door some more for Declan to come in.

"Kid, you look rather exhausted come in so I can give you some water." I offered nicely. Declan smiled and came in. I didn't know who he was or if he was safe but every kid doesn't deserv to be out on a day like today where the sun is burning the earth at a 106 degrees ferinheight. Declan came in and instantly toke off his shoes. Poliet and a neat boy. Never once did he take his bag off. I got him a bottle of water and some fruit. He sat at the kitchen table and ate like no tomorrow. I watched him intently.

"So Declan where are you from?"  I asked curiously. Declan toke a swig of water and sighed.

"New Orleans, I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana." He replied softly. I raised my eye brows at him in surprise. He travelled all the way from Louisiana just to tell a guy he could possibly be his dad.

"Does your mom know you're here?" I asked curiously. He shook his head.

"How long have you been on the road?" I ask in a nervous tone. He thought for a moment.

"Well, I got on a greyhound bus on Monday at eight A.M that toke me to Huston, Texas and then I hichhiked from there and some guys in a band picked me up and toke me to San Antonio. From there I stole a bike and rode it all the way to Del Rio but then I got a flat so I hoped another bus, greyhound and rode that all the way to Phoenix. And the driver gave me money to stay in a cheap motel, he also bought me lunch and dinner. He told me that at five A.M he was driving to Riverside and from there I skateboarded here. So about five to six days I've been on the road alone." His story horrified me. If he a simple thriteen year old can get from point A to Point B with no problem, what if Bandit or one of the twins decides to run away? The cops stop looking at the boarder of each state. He was a brave little boy. I swallowed hard and smiled at him.

"Wow, that's quit the little adevnture you had. You must be exhausted." I said softly. Declan shook his head slowly.

"Like I said, I slept at that motel and then I had a nap on the bus ride here." He replied softly. I just watched him carefully.

"Do you need a shower?" I asked, I wanted to make out guest feel welcome and he is just  kid. So I'm trying to be nice here. Declan shook his head as he finished the small bowl of sliced up fruit.

"I had  shower at the motel." He replied. Seems like this kid toke good care of himself over that past five to six days. I could hear Bandit giggling happily at the movie in the other room. Declan's face was dirty and a bit sun kissed. He sure did look like Gerard, this left me wondering about if he is Gerard's kid. Does he have proof? I looked at the big brown envelope sitting on the table next to him. I eyed it up for a minute.

"What's in there?" I asked. Declan looked from me to the envelope and smiled.

"Pictures of him and my mom, then my birth certificate and a picture of me and him when I was born." He announced. Gerard was there for when this kid was born.

"So Declan how old are you?" I ask. Declan smiled and chuckled slightly.

"I'm fourteen years old, I'm in Grade eight and it's my last year of middle school." He uttered with a southern twang. I smiled at him. If he's fourteen that means Gerard was twenty when he was born. Well makes sense fourteen years you can forget about things even some one. I toke the bowl from him and put it in the sink. He chugged down the half bottle of water and sighed and refreshing sigh. I pulled out another one because he looked thirsty and might want another. I set it down on the table in front of him. I heard a car come up the drive but I didn't move from my spot. The front door opened and closed. When Gerard came into the kitchen with a whistle his eyes were down but when he looked up to see Declan and me sittting there he stopped whistling. His gaze was surprised and nervous.

"Sarah, honey. Who's this?" He asked with a curious voice that crept up into a squeak. I watched Declan get up and grab the envelope. He waltzed over to Gerard and looked up at the 5'8" man. I felt my stomach twist as he gave Gerard the envelope. Gerard was in shock.

"Mr Way, my name is Declan Wood and you're my dad." He announced in a way that reminded me of waxing. Rip it off all at once. Gerard looked at me then back at Declan.

"My mom's name is Laura Wood." He added softly. Gerard came to the kitchen table and sat down. Declan trailed behind. Gerard knew who he was, he was just too shocked to realize it. I watched as he went through the pictures and finally hit the birth certificate. His eyes widened as he read his name under father. Gerard Authur Way.

"Does your mom know you're here?" He asked to Declan. Declan shook his head slowly and gave Gerard a grim expression.

"Please don't send me home, mom's become addicted to alcohol and drugs and I just want spend some quality time with my dad." Declan pleaded.

"I'll sleep outside and use the garden hose to shower. Just please don't send me back. Dad?" Declan looked like Gerard but he sounded nothing like him, it was cute. I scowled slightly in anger. I looked from Gerard to Declan.

"That will not be needed Declan, you can use the guest room until we figure things out." I said in a demanding type of way. Gerard nodded and smiled. He was just as shocked as I was when Declan showed up on our door step. Gerard looked at Declan and frowned.

"How'd you get here? You live all the way in New Orleans." He asked curiously. I felt a smile pull my lips back. Declan smirked and chuckled slightly.

"I'll tell you about it later." Declan said.