Life is a work of art (Demi Lovato fanfiction)

Chapter 1: You don't know me!

I woke up to the sound of the door bell ringing. Who could it be at this time? I wasn't expecting guests. I get up and grab my hoodie from behind my door and put it on as I'm walking down the stairs. I open the door and the postman is standing holding an envelope ' Letter to sign for' he says with a grunt. I take the piece of paper off of him and sign hastily. What could this be I never need to sign for anything. He gave me the letter and I shut the the door. I check the envelope and it's addressed to me, I ripped open the envelope and look in side, there's a ticket inside I turn it over and scream with delight 'I've got meet and greet tickets to Demi Lovato!'. I drop the letter and do a happy dance. I pull out my phone and text my mum:
Do you know anything about the letter I've just received?
I pick up the ticket and study it, the concerts tomorrow night. My phone buzzed and I check it:
Mum- You should thank your Gran it was her idea.
I smile to myself and walk back up to my room. My Gran is always doing stuff like that, I put a reminder into my phone to remind myself to call and thank her. I crawl back into my bed and for the first time in ages, I feel happy.

--------------—————————----------

I'm standing in line with about 20 other girls waiting to meet Demi Lovato. I still can't believe I am going to meet her. This ticket must of cost my Gran a fortune I can't believe she bought it for me, it's usually Louise who gets everything but for once it's me. A big security guard comes of the door and tells us we can go in now. I grab my DEMI cd and my camera out of my bag so that I'm ready. We shuffle through the door and my heart almost stops when I see her. I pinch myself to check I'm not dreaming. I watch as the girl in front of me starts to cry as she gives Demi a hug. She pulls away and starts walking towards me. 'Hi' she say 'hi' I muster back. She sees my DEMI cd and takes it off of me to sign as she does so she glances at my wrists, I quickly pull down my top to make sure nothing is visible to her, I don't want her saying something in front of all these people. I avoid eye contact and look about the room. She signs my cd and I take a couple of pictures with her, 'What's your name? Demi asks. 'Sophie', 'Nice to meet you Sophie, enjoy the concert'. I smile and tell her I will, I then sit down on the seats that are set up for us to watch the sound check.

-------------------------------------------------

I arrive home still buzzing from the concert. My head is still reeling from meeting Demi. I unlock the door and go in, I go up to my room and get ready for bed. I take out my DEMI cd and see what she wrote, I was curious cause she seemed to take longer to write mine than some of the other girls CD's, I wasn't too hopeful what are the chances that Demi Lovato would of wrote me a personalised message. With the busyness of the concert I never had time to look at it. I open it and inside it reads :
Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect. Love Demi xxx I stare at it, I knew she wouldn't of wrote anything special, I sigh and toss it onto my bed while i take my make up off. I climb in and roll over there's a piece of paper out of my cd lying next to the box I pick it up and see it has something written on it:
Don't be afraid to ask for help, your worth a good life. If you want someone to talk to please call the number below.
I look at the paper, I don't need help I have it all under control, I crumple the paper up and throw it to the other side of the room. I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling all my thought swirling around my head. I'm wondering who's number she would give me for help, probably some treatment centre or phone helpline. I might as well phone it and find out who it is or I'll never sleep. I get up and search for the paper with the number on it I find it and dial the number.

'Hello' a quite voice comes through the other line, I look at the time it's 3 in the morning. 'Em hello, sorry for the late phone call I didn't realise the time.' I wait hearing the person breathing down the phone. I was just about to hand up when they asked 'Who is this and how did you get my number?' I start to panic, this is someone's mobile number what am I doing. 'Em, it was given to me earlier, I was at a Demi Lovato concert and she....'
'I know who you are, I gave you the number it me Demi!' I freeze I couldn't speak Demi Lovato was on the phone to me I mean Demi Lovato of all people. 'Hello are you there?'
'Yeah sorry I'm just a bit shocked. Why did you give me your number?' I ask 'Well, I know when someone is in trouble and I you seem like you need help.'
'What gave you that impression?' I ask 'Well most of my Lovatics who come to meet and greet go with each other but you were by yourself.'
'Well' I start 'well my gran got me the ticket and only got one for me and I wasn't turning that down. I wish I had now, cause then I wouldn't have someone putting their nose in where it doesn't belong'
'Well Sophie even if you had another ticket is there anyone you would of taken?' I ponder this 'I don't know.' 'See that's why I gave you my number you need a friend!' 'How do you know what I need! You don't even know me !' I hang up the phone and chuck it at the wall. Who does she think she is thinking she knows me she doesn't. I don't need anyone, how dare she assume I'm some broken thing she needs to fix. I have a hard enough time without her trying to fix me. I don't need fixed there's nothing wrong with me, I walk into the bathroom and take out my blade and stare at it. I look at the scars up and down my arms.

-------------------------------------------------

I wake up and realise I'm still holding my blade I put it back into my hiding place and walk back to my room. I pick up my phone from the floor and look at it, no cracks, I notice I have 10 missed calls 8 from Demi and 2 from my mum. I ring my mum back 'Sophie! Why on earth haven't you been answering your phone I was worried sick.' ' Sorry mum. I was sleeping' ' I'm at the hospital can you please come quick ! ' she adds. I hang up and shove some clean clothes on. I know there's only one reason she would be at the hospital for and that was for Louise!..

Louise is my younger sister that has a mild form of leukaemia.

I arrive at the hospital and ask the receptionist where my sister is ' she's on floor 3, ward 5' she replies with a polite tone. I should of guessed that's where she was its always ward 5. That's where all the leukaemia patients are. I get in the lift and the song that's playing is Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. My phone starts ringing I look and see, its Demi calling I pick up 'Demi before you say anything I'm at the hospital and ill call you when I get home.' I hang up and switch my phone off. I arrive at the ward and find my sisters room. I walk in to see her out cold I look at my mum ' What the hell happened? Why didn't you come and get me !what's wrong with her?' I ask. ' She had a nose bleed and you know the rest it isn't the first time!' ' I know mum it's just what the effects on you are. Are you okay? Did she need more platelets ?' 'Yes they did Soph. She rolls up her sleeve to reveal the bruises on each of her arms. I stay until 12 because my shift at the restaurant starts at 1 and I want to go home and have a shower. I say good bye to my mum and kiss my sister on the head.

I get home and decide to turn my phone back on. 5 missed calls all from Demi. I call her ' Sophie is everything alright? Why were you at the hospital?' I could hear the concern in her voice. ' I was visiting my little sister when you called earlier sorry for leaving you at a loose end but I didn't really want to be on the phone.' I reply blinking back the tears from my eyes. ' God Sophie I didn't know I wouldn't of pestered you as much. I'm so sorry.' 'Demi it's alright you didn't know.'

'Can we meet up please? I think we should talk face to face not over the phone ' She asks me. ' yeah sure but I can't the now I need to go to work.will I call you once my shift is over?'

'Yeah. Okay talk to you later Sophie. Bye'

'Bye Demi.' I hang up the phone and get in a shower I come out and get ready for work. I put make up over my scars to make them less noticeable to anyone at a glance. I start to think of the things Demi was saying to me last night and I start to get really angry at her.

END OF CHAPTER 1