The Stress is strong with this one

"I'm freaking out, what if she says no?"

Liam paced the room, nervously twisting a handkerchief in his hands while his best friend sat on a chair watching him in amusement.

"She's not going to say no, just chill out," Jake responded, trying his best not to laugh at the irony of his chilled out best friend freaking out.

"I've been such an asshole to her, Jake. What if she remembers everything I've done to her and she says no and runs in the opposite direction?"

Jake grimaced as he thought of how horribly his best friend used to treat the girl he had had a crush on since forever.

"You were a pretty big asshole back then,"

Liam gripped his hair with both hands and groaned,
"Oh, no, what if she remembers that time at prom where I stepped on her dress and it ripped? Or that Christmas party where I got drunk and puked on her? Or that time I humiliated her in science when I told everyone in school she wet the bed until she was 12?"

Liam started hyperventilating, throwing open a window, trying to catch his breath.
Jake finally decided that it was time to take action and calm down his buddy. He got up and gripped Liam's shoulders, looking him dead in the eye.

"Bro, you're acting like a coward right now. You need to grow a pair, get out there and be a man. She won't say no,"

Liam tried to fix his hair and took deep breaths,
"Yeah, you're right, I got this, I'm Liam Connor, I've got this,"

They headed out together, Liam still trying to fix himself up nervously while Jake walked in with his normal easy confidence.

It felt like seconds had passed when the moment finally came. Liam stared into the warm brown eyes of the girl he had loved from the moment he saw her that first time in kindergarten. The question had been asked and it hung heavily between them and everyone who had come to bear witness.
She smiled and his heart skipped a beat.
Was that a good smile? Or was it a pity smile?

He was sweating bullets as he waited for her to say the words that would change his life forever. He nearly fell to his knees in relief when she finally spoke and said,
"I do."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Please vote, comment, fan, share and put a huge smile on my face!