Here

Ok, how should I start? My names Cora, I've barely gotten this journal yesterday when Ms.Knight gave it to me. I'm not even sure why she gave me this but, well,I don't even need it! But I guess it's something I should use to keep busy. I'm not sure what to write but I guess I should tell you my story. I was never..normal. I was an orphan from the start, Ms.Knight told me it was because they died in a fire, but I guess I shouldn't say much about that. Just thinking of it makes me want to cry, She's also told me that she's met them before the fire. And that she's met me too, we lived in a normal two-story house with a pet, I think she said it was a cat, it's name is pretty funny though.."Afro". One time she's also said that when she found out the news, she wanted to make sure I was ok and that as soon as she opened the door I was there...wrapped up in a blue blanket. In the arms of the authorities, when they gave me to her she said it was one of the most happiest days of her life, she knew I was safe. From then on I've met others who come here, most of them are much younger than me and the oldest here is only a year or two away from my age. We don't do much here except learn from Ms.Knight and do whatever, but it's always so loud in here and so noisy. I guess I cant do anything about that, but now is the best time I chose to write this, everyone's asleep and I can focus. I hope writing this doesn't make too much sound because I don't want to wake them up, sometimes during nights like this I just look out the window. And all I see is a beautiful scenery of this city, the street lights, cars, people, stray animals, and lots of stuff. I just wish I can experience just experience all of that. When I was little, I've always gotten dreams of what it was like out there. No worries, nothing to hold you back, just be free and since then I still wonder how my life would be if I lived out there. Instead I'm here, watching everything from a small window pane, wondering what it would be like to be anywhere but here.