Chapter Sixteen

To be honest, seeing two big wolves in the house just a few feet away from me, does intimidate me but I don't let it show.

Tony runs into the kitchen, alarmed. The two wolf Alphas are growling angrily at each other just going in circles.

I roll my eyes at them. "You know what? Kill yourselves!" I yell then limp out of there and limp to the room where I have a few chocolate stuffed in my pillow yes, it is that bad. I devour them in a few seconds and it calms my nerves along with my wolf who is alert and impatient with what's going in downstairs.

I sit on the floor and rest my back on the bed while covering my face with my hands. I don't know how much time passes before the door opens and I smell him.

"Oh? So you guys didn't kill yourselves?" I ask sarcastically.

Alexander walks to me. He is only wearing a shirt with dark jeans and the makes it so damn impossible for me to concentrate on being mad. He sighs. "I wanted to apologize for doing that. That was-"

"Very childish." I finish for him. "And annoying."

He nods and I notice that the dark expression is back on his face. "Yes."

I like it so much better when he is not an Alpha. It is easier to like him then.

"I don't like to make you unhappy." He says after a moment of silence. "And I know that you are not going to like me telling you this but I think that you are being unfair to your brother."

His words make me frown. I never thought Alex would say something so-adult-y. He seems like the kind I guy that does whatever he pleases not the type of guy that gives people lessons. Give ME lessons.

"You are right." I sigh standing up and glare at him. "I don't like you telling me this."

He nods. "I have to go out. Michael will stay here." He grabs me by the shoulders and looks into my eyes. "Please stay here. I don't want to loose you again."

I sigh and nod but don't say anything. He pecks my lips and walks out the door. I lay on the bed for a moment. I wish I could fall asleep and never wake up. Or wake up to all my problems being solved. I sigh again as I roll off the bed, suddenly thirsty. Must have been all that chocolate I just literally swallowed. I limp my way downstairs surprised at how quiet the house is. I open the fridge and take out a water. I drink from it as I close it.

My eyes then lay on a pair of green eyes. I choke on the water and begin to cough uncontrollably. He takes a step towards me but doesn't say anything.

"Ethan." I whisper when I finally can.

He half smiles but his eyes say something else. "Hey."

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask looking around but mentioning to the pack itself.

He shrugs. "I came with Michael."

Right. Seeing him again has made me forget everything, even Michael. I never thought I would see him again, as rude as that may sound. What is he? My boyfriend? My ex? A friend? What do I call him? He hasn't changed but its only been a few weeks so that is explainable. I don't know. Every time I break up with someone, I imagine them getting all depressed and not shaving and all that kind of fun stuff. I know that sounds conceited but it's the truth. It kind of hurts that he doesn't have any hints of depression except a little sadness in his eyes. God. I need to stop this.

"So..." I finally break the very awkward silence.

He nods as he puts his hands in his pockets. "So, how are you?"

I nod back, slowly. "Good." I gulp as I look up at him. "You?"

He laughs but the sarcasm is clear behind it. "You know, I was hoping that when I saw you, you were gonna ask me to help you get out of here."