Chapter 5: The Only Way

Luke P.O.V

I saw an abandoned compound near a lake. Its wall is made of thin metal and there is only one entrance. I need to save her even I don't how and why I'm doing this.

I walk possibly not making any noise. The whole place is in a pitch darkness except the light from a lamp not so far away. I keep walking not intending to make any noise to disturb the silence.

As I get near I saw Sofia, mouth shut with a handkerchief. She keeps looking around trying to escape but she just fail. I approach her to get near but there's a problem, she was guarded. Watching her every move. Now my plan is ruined.

I easily change my plans. I walk over the other side to give him a surprise attack. As I'm walking I step on a tin can, making a cracking sound. Shit this. I look if someone is coming and there's none.

Some from behind attacked me. Hitting me with a bat. Just enough strength to make me unconscious and not killing me.

I feel dizzy and fell into pitch darkness.

-

I get my consciousnesses back. I look at Sofia who is in front of me. Looking worried.
I can still feel the daze.

I try to move but it seems they tied up my hands from behind of this chair.

"Luke Hemmings." I easily recognize that deep voice with a hint of rasp. I never doubt my instinct.
"The bad boy. Why would it has to come to this? You should just accept my invitation" stupid. He's taken too far by power.
"Instead you choose that someone will be hurt" he just wasting his time.

"Your stupid. Being fooled by envy and power." I said contacting with his eyes. I smirk making him furrows his brows.
"And why your so sure that you kidnapped her."

"I hired a student from your school to spy on you. He noted that you were talking to her and the park scene it all in plan" he was the one who started that stupid rumor. Stupid asshole.

"I know you, you never talk to a girl. You just passed by them. Ignoring them. You never want a girl to enter your life because in the end they will be hurt..." I turn to see Sofia, she was look really confuse. Screw him. I trusted him but his blurting it out in front of her "...because of you."

"Cause you know me, Dwayne." he was my best friend until he betrayed me. Selling me out. That is year ago but I can still remember it.

My hand wander and found a sharp edge of a broken mirror. I try not to be notice my escape plan. I carefully use it to cut the rope.

"Well just accept it and she will be fine."

The rope tied up on my hands is finally cut. Its time to beat this traitor asshole.

"As if I will" I smirk.

I use my knees and give him a blow on the stomach. He fell on his knees and cough blood. The other one came. So they want to play a dirty two on one game? I will give it to them.

I hit him with the bat I found laying on the floor making him unconscious. I turn back to see Dwayne who was still coughing blood.

"You are still like the old days." wiping off the trail of the blood on his lips.

He tries to punch me but I caught his fist and smack him on his jaw. He fell down clutching in like a small ball and groaning in pain.

"You too. Sucking at the strength of others." I put on of my feet in his face. Anger is controlling me and nothing gonna stop it.

"Stop!" I turn to see Sofia who was using her strength to stand up. The handkerchief was on her neck now and her eyes is moistened.
"Luke! You don't want to kill him, right?" I suddenly calm myself because of her voice. "Don't let anger control you! That's not you!" she almost cry.