Chapter 3: Glad to Be Back POV: Percy

"Are you actually THE Percy Jackson?" a newer Hermes kid asks me. "Yeah." I reply, used to having to answer these types of questions. "Where have you been?" the Hermes kids persists. "Busy doing favors for the gods, I've been on a lot of quests recently." I answer, noticing Annabeth giving me an amused smile from the Athena dinning table. "Listen. I uh- I got to go, but I would be happy to talk to you later." I say to the kid, already getting up to walk over to Annabeth. "Okay." he replies.

  "Hey Annabeth can I talk to you?" I ask as I approach the Athena table. Giving her a looks that says I really just want an excuse to have some alone time between us "Sure" she says. We walk toward the strawberry fields making small talk. Once we finally arrive at the strawberry fields we sit down. "So, I just uh..." "Wanted some alone time between us?" Annabeth fills in. " Yeah, I really have been missing you during these last couple of quests." "Trust me Percy, it hasn't been easy for me either. I constantly worry whether or not you are okay." "I know, I know, but unfortunately I can't really say no to the gods unless I want to get turned into a plant or something." "True." Annabeth laughs. "I just wish that I didn't have to share my boyfriend with the gods sometimes." "Frankly I'm just happy I don't have to keep depending on McDonald's as my primary food source. Gods those things are everywhere." "Don't let Nico hear you say that." I laugh at Annabeth's reminder, making a mental note to talk with Nico soon. "Gods I haven't been able to see much of the other seven or Nico or Reyna since defeating Gaea." "I see Piper and Leo frequently and when Jason is here I see him a lot. I talk to Reyna every week just to keep things coordinated between both camps. Nico I see from time to time and same deal with Leo. I don't get the chance to see Hazel or Frank nearly as much as I wish to but the eight of us are hoping to get all of us together sometime soon" "Sounds like it'll be fun. Honestly I'm just happy to be here right now." I say with a grin. "And why's that exactly." Annabeth replies, returning my grin. "Because, I get to do this." I say as I kiss her.