Pack Mentality part 2

Stiles got into his jeep and went over to Scott's to pick him up. Scott told him to head for the school and along the way filled him in on what he and Derek talked about. Soon enough, they pulled up close to the parking lot.

"Alright," Stiles said getting out. "Let's go."

"No," Scott said. "Just me, someone has to keep watch."

"Why am I the one that has to keep watch?"

"Because there's only two of us," Scott argued.

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Okay, why is it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time."

"No one is Batman or Robin any of the time."

Stiles looked bemused. "Not even some of the time?"

"Just stay here. They're my memories, remember."

"Alright," Stiles said in surrender. "Go, I'll keep a wolf eye and ear out. Just hurry back," he said as Scott climbed the fence.

Scott got into the parking lot and as he was heading for the bus, he suddenly saw himself in bed. He was struggling and then woke up to be shifted. Scott gasped. Was that a memory? He moved closer until he got to the bus and then went inside. As he touched one of the seats, he saw Meyers screaming as he was being dragged off. Scott reached his hand out to the floor and then saw himself trying to pull Meyers free before a hairy clawed paw came and swiped at his chest. Scott gasped as the pain of it was remembered.

Stiles was sitting in his jeep, calmly watching the lot, but he gasped when he saw a man with a flashlight moving in for the buses. "Oh crap," he said before he went and blew the horn to warn Scott.

Scott heard the horn and soon enough saw the light and quickly took off to get back to Stiles. He jumped the fence and got into the jeep and Stiles quickly put it in reverse and got them out of there.

"Did it work?!" Stiles asked. "Did you remember?!"

"Yeah, I was there last night! And the blood, a lot of it was mine!"

Stiles spared him a look. "What? So, you did attack him."

"No, I saw glowing eyes on the bus but they weren't mine. It was Derek."

"And the driver?"

"I think I was trying to protect him."

Stiles shook his head. "Okay, that doesn't make sense. Why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?"

"That's what I don't get?"

Stiles couldn't wrap his mind around this. "Maybe it's a pack thing. You know an initiation."

"What do you mean?"

"You know you do the kill together."

"Because ripping someone's throat out is such a bonding experience?" Scott asked hysterically.

"But, Scott this means that you're not a killer. Which also means-"

"That I could go out with Allison," he added happily.

Stiles gave him a look. "Actually I was going to say it means that you won't try to kill me again and that I don't have to be one."

"Oh, yeah, that too," Scott nodded.

Stiles loved that Scott had that as an afterthought.

__________

Allison was looking through her closet for something to wear to their group date tonight while Lydia was there to help her out. As they were going through what would be the best thing to wear her father came in.