Chapter 22.

I thought I’d fallen asleep forever, and that it was impossible to wake up. It probably would have been easier that way. But no. The sound of curtain’s opening, made my eyes open widely, but then, I didn’t want to give away that I was awake. So I shut them close again, hoping Mum wouldn’t notice, I was awake. 

“I know you’re awake, I’ve put up with 19 years with that trick.” 

Damn it. But I played along, and stayed as still as I could. A few minutes later, I felt a crease in the bed and a figure next to me. She pulled over the sheets and laughed when she saw my eyes slightly open. “Gotcha” she smirked, leaning on her elbow. 

“Leave me alone” I said in a smug tone, turning my back to her. 

“Justin, you need to stop doing this to yourself” I knew she was right, but I couldn’t take it.

“Yes I can.” 

“Your fans.” Her voice sounded sympathetic for the fans, and she made me feel guilty.

“They know I’m fine, I’m just recovering.”

“It’s been two weeks.” 

“It feels like forever.” 

“And it’s going to seem like that if you keep lazing around here everyday. Get out, do things.” 

I turned to face her, because I needed her to understand how I was feeling. I prompted up onto my elbow too, looking at her in the eyes.
“Mum, she’s gone. She doesn’t remember me. You expect me to get over that so easily?” 

“No I don’t. But you need to start acting maturely. You’ve dealt with other girls before.”

“She’s not just another girl mum! Didn’t you hear me at the hospital? I proposed to her! I wouldn’t go that with ‘other girls’. I’m not that dense.” I muttered, my head falling back on the pillow, looking up at the ceiling. I could feel her eyes watching me still. 

“She leaves today, y’know?” I mumbled, feeling my eyes water at the thought of it. 

“I know.” 

I looked at her with gloomy eyes. She looked away into the mid air for a moment, and my eyes began to feel droopy and heavy again. It was silent for a moment, and I could see mum’s mind ticking, and I wondered what she was thinking about. 

After a long moment, she finally broke the silence. 

“If what you said about Emily.. If it’s true, and I’m sure it is, because, I haven’t see you look at a girl the way you’ve looked at Emily before.” She paused and sighed. “What are you waiting for? Go get her.” 

I looked at her with a confused expression. “What?” 

“You’re not going to let her get away that easy are you?” She grinned. 

My mind exploded then. Why didn’t I think of that before? 

“Go get her? How?” I asked, trying to sound realistic. 

“She’ll board the plane in half an hour. Go to the airport and convince her. Convince her that you’re in love with her!” Mum looked excited at the idea too. 

I smiled exceedingly at her, and I pulled her into a huge hug. “Thanks mum!” 

“Don’t waste time! Get down to the airport, you don’t want to miss her.” She said enthusiastically. I jumped out of the bed and pulled on some shorts and a white top. I don’t think I had ever gotten changed so quickly. 

Before I left for the airport, I pecked mum lightly on the cheek. “I love you mum.” 

“I love you too Justin.” 

I hurried out the door, nearly tripping as I did. Maybe, I still had a chance. 

This chapter's kind of short, but yeah ahha. What do you think is going to happen? Comment below :) Thank you for reading !