Chapter 2

No reads yet waaaaahhhh! Oh well I like writing this so I'm gonna do another chapter!!!

Zane's POV

"Uh, here's your cranberry booster." I said to that JB guy. He was still staring at Rikki. "Yeah thanks. And dude. You've got some pretty hot customers here, just saying." He pointed at Rikki.

I need to talk to Rikki.

I walked up to her table.

"Rikki. Can we please just talk?"
"Can't you ever move on with your life?" She asks in a playful way. "I told you. We're done."
"Rikki ple-"
"Zane, forget it." She walks out of the cafe.
"Rikki!" I called.

"Should we go after her?" Cleo asked.
"I think we should give her some alone time." Bella replied.

Rikki's POV

Why can't Zane just learn to leave me ALONE?! That pathetic loser can't move on with his life. I sat down by the water, then I heard footsteps. "Hey." said the guy that waved to me earlier. "I'm sorry. About him."
"Uh no, don't be. It's not your fault."
"But now you can forget about him, right Rikki?"
"How do you-" I was cut off by...No. What. I soon realized that, his lips were on mine.
I accepted. I didn't stop him. I'm not sure why.
Then out of nowhere I heard a motorcycle noise. I broke the kiss and saw Zane. "STAY AWAY FROM HER." He was yelling. He stopped his motorcycle and ran towards us.
"I'm sorry, maybe I misheard, but she's not with you anymore." He said, faking a sad face.
The guy left (I don't even know his name, and he kissed me?!) and it was just me and Zane.
"Rikki..what happened to us?" He said as he held my hands.
"How many times do I have to tell you that there is no "us" anymore?!" I pulled my hands away from his.
"But, I mean, come on. I am way better than that JB guy."
I rolled my eyes at him. "Can't you just be happy for me? You can't be running after me for the rest of your life. Go find Sophie or something."
He thought for a moment.
"Exactly. Just like I thought."
I ran to my car."Rikki wait!!!!" I heard Zane yelling. He ran to me.
"I heard you can't pay for college."
"Where did you hear that? And of course I can. I mean, I don't have to, I'll just...get a scholarship!" I said, holding back tears.
"Don't lie to me, Rikki."
I was trying so hard to hold back my tears, my hands began to fist up and it got hotter around us.

Zane's POV

I saw her hands clench and it got hotter all of a sudden.
"Listen. I can pay for your scholarship."
"Really? Cause I don't believe you."
"If.."
Rikki looked up. She looked like she was going to cry.
"If you give me a chance." I lifted her hands. She was still quiet and said nothing.
"Just...think about it, ok?" I gently let go of her hands. She walked back to her car.

You will find out the JB guy's real name in the next chapter!!!!