Chapter 3

Wow haven't been here in a while. I'm bored so I'm writing I guess. Enjoy :)

Rikki's POV

I woke up thinking of what happened with Zane yesterday. He's fought for me, and as much as I loved him, I can't risk it again.

I met up with the girls to go for a swim. We got to the moon pool in silence.
"Rikki, what happened yesterday?" Cleo said.
"Nothing. Really."
"Come on, Rikki, I know that look."
"Fine! Um..that guy with the brown hair swept to the side, he..he kissed me."
"What? And you...you're ok?" Bella said worried.
"Well, I mean, he is your type." Cleo said laughing.
"No- I mean, I don't know."
"Well listen, maybe you don't feel it's right, or your just not ready to date again. Let's go and admire the wonderful scenery out here." Cleo said trying to cheer me up.

I was walking by Rikki's to the beach, and the guy that kissed me yesterday, he followed.
"Happened to be passing by huh?" He said.
"Maybe, or maybe I was just walking to the beach like everyone around here does."
"Well maybe you came to see someone?" He was squinting his eyes to the bright sun.
I stopped and turned around. "I'm Zach. We never truly met earlier." He said.
"I'm-"
"Rikki, I know."
"Right, and how do you know again?"
"Well I just happened to be in the cafe when I saw a natural beauty talking with her friends."
"Really! And who might that be?"
"Hmm, I wonder." He said jokingly. "So anyways, I meant to ask you if maybe you would like to go to dinner, see a movie, maybe, together?"
"Like, like a date?" I said a bit worried.
"Yeah. Please, it'll be fun!"
"Zach, as much as I would like to, my life is way to complicated right now. Money is tight right now and I might not be able to go to college- "
"Rikki?"
"I have no idea why I just told you that. Please don't tell anyone..."
"It's ok. I won't. But does this mean no?"
"I'm really sorry."
"It's ok. But I'll wait for you, as long as it takes."
I walked away with guilt following me.

The next day I met up with the girls to watch a swimming competition fundraiser for Kim's school. I looked in the other pool, and Zach was there. God why does this guy keep appearing everywhere I am? After the competition was over, I had to walk past the other pool to get to Cleo's car. I tried to walk without him noticing me, but apparently, that failed.
"Rikki!" I quickly turned around and put a smile on my face.
"Hey...Zach."
"Wanna swim?"
I looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry, I can't."
"C'mon Rikki!" He said splashing water at me.
I quickly looked down. "I have to go."
"Rikki wait-"
I looked back to see his disappointed face. I quickly got in the car and turned into a mermaid. We all breathed a sigh of relief and drove to Cleo's house for the full moon.

At Cleo's house, Bella's POV

"So, Emma's coming back next week." Rikki said.
"Oh, right..it's been forever." Cleo replied.
"Who's Emma?" I questioned.
"Sorry Bella, we should've told you sooner. Emma is the other girl we became mermaids with." Cleo answered.
"Oh. So you guys were close, huh?"
"Yeah really close." Rikki blurted. "But I just want you to know that Emma and you are our friends, and we don't want you two to get jealous of each other."
"It's ok, I can't wait to meet her!" I said, although on the inside I was scared I was going to lose the girls.