The Play

The sweet aroma of honey wafted through the room the pungent scent brewing in the air caressing the nostrils in a decadent pulse. Golden hair flowed gracefully through the air as the blond ran across the hall into the kitchen, her small body traipsing ungracefully across the carpeted floor as she squealed in excitement; she could hear the sizzling of the pan and the bubbling of the pot and the gentle tapping of her mother’s feet across the tiles. She entered the sweet smelling kitchen her face contorted in an expression of utter glee as she observed her surroundings, overflowing with tinsel and golden leaves the mattering of green tendrils decorated with tinsel raced along the walls as it enshrouded the small room in an almost woodsy feel. In her peripheral she could see her mother a tall woman with long auburn hair and the warmest caramel eyes she has ever seen. She smiled at her and approached her moving nearer and extending her arms to hug the slender woman, letting her small frame enlarge to the permutable size, her wiry arms capturing the single leg of the woman smiling and laughing in utter glee, the woman gave her a war smile and reached for her again and lifted her of her feet leveling the little girl to her face and placing a chaste peck on her forehead and brandishing a warm smile. 

The woman’s soft features caressed gracefully into a round face, warm chestnut eyes boring into her bright azures, the warming effect filling her like amber honey slopping lazily into her senses, grand and languid filling her with a nostalgic warmth. The little blond girl smiled in utter glee her eyes crinkling as she murmured an ‘I love you’ to the woman. But as she basked in the glorious glee that filled her senses something clicked, and the sudden warmth was replaced by a rush of an unforgiving chill, enthroning her with a dread so powerful and stark that it chilled her to the very core. The warm hands which held her suddenly turned cold and frigid. Blue eyes opened and searched for the warm eyes of the woman but were greeted by a tense expression; her eyes pale and empty as if the very essence of life drained by an unknown force, her skin was pale and rough, her smile replaced by a straight lip.

The girl face suddenly contorted into a face of terror as she saw droplets of crimson dripping from the woman’s head. The little girl screamed, her entire body contorting into abnormal positions as she cringed and groveled out of the woman’s grasp, falling ungracefully on the kitchen floor, her body could not function as fear overtook her entirety as her heart gripped in dread and sadness as willed herself to move, but found that everything to be futile, then  her heart stopped as she heard footsteps approaching her, slow and deliberate as each step filled her with unfathomable anxiety, then she felt a shadow over her and two fingers pressing into her skull, the cold prongs invading her body with malice and hatred as she fell into a deep darkness.

+++

Blue eyes opened as the a screech filled the room where Niall Horan slept his eyes red and poufy  as he tried to adjust himself to the real world, his heart beating in an upbeat tempo, unrelenting and undeleting in speed, he felt he was close to hyperventilating, feeling the anxiety growing within himself, but he willed himself to calm down, trying to remember thoughts and images which would bring him to the calm, he tries to remember Harry’s smiling face, Louis knowing smirk and a soft hand pressing warmth to his back. He returned to reality his breathing normal and his vision somewhat acceptable looking around his room, filled with objects, pieces of his reality. He laid himself back on his mattress the horrific images scattering relentlessly in his mind the gaunt images flashing before him imprinting a dread, and a feeling of familiarity that he could not understand. He couldn’t sleep, his brain was too preoccupied with sorting the cryptic messages of his dream, and that girl, he was certain that it was her as a child. But he could not bridge anything together, from what he saw she was kidnapped and is now in a place where no happiness exists, but who was she to Niall? Nothing was making sense anymore, grunting in frustration Niall sat up and looked at his bedside clock.