chapter 6: a not so boring saturday

Evelyn's POV:

"This girl is awesome, check her out!!"

"Oh my gawd hsjsjxhchsjsnahagdg this person is amazing!"

"Marry me please/<3"

These were only a few of the many comments, tweets and retweets.

I was very proud of my cover of outer space/carry on. 5sos was always one of my inspirations. And the fact that they posted stuff about me, made me love them even more. Not just because their good looking.....don't get me wrong, they are.....but what they have done for me is just so shocking. But its a good kind of shock.

"Wow, people actually like me. And they know I exist? How is this even possible?!" 

"I don't know Eve. But somehow, it just happened."  Riley answered. And I couldn't have answered my question better than her.

"I have to dm Luke. I haven't for a while. I haven't been on twitter in so long."  I said while rushing upstairs to get my phone, Riley following me.

"Yeah. And maybe try and dm the other boys too." 

I pretty much ignored that comment and went right to the dm's Luke and I had sent a while ago. He messaged me a couple times. Now I felt bad for not responding.

From @luke5sos:  hi :-) I really like all the covers you've posted. You're a really good singer

From @luke5sos:  is everything ok? I wanna talk to you

From @luke5sos:  you haven't responded in a few days. I'm worrying. Do you hate me? :-(

The last dm made me feel extra guilty. I didn't want to make him feel this way. Riley's right, this could be my big break. I can't mess this up.

I started typing.

To @luke5sos:  hi I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to not respond, I just haven't been on social media since I posted my outer space cover. Thanks for all the publicity by the way. <3

I sent the dm. I was nervous. I didn't expect him to respond right away, so to pass the time, Riley and I kept reading tweets and comments on my video.

"Wow you're really hot. Please date me."  Riley tries to mimicke a deep voice to resemble a boy. These comments were hilarious.

"Oh my gosh. Literally so cool. #coolforthesummer"  I read as Riley laughed so hard almost in tears.

"What the heck? Hashtag cool for the summer? What does that even mean?"  She said in between  laughs.

"I have no idea. But who cares! At least people like my voice and stuff!"  I practically yelled out of excitement.

Our laughter stopped when my phone went off. I got a notification on dm's. From Luke. Now I grew more nervous. Riley just sat in silence as she waited for me to open the conversation. With shaky fingers, I opened and read what he had to say.

From @luke5sos:  omg ur alive! Thank god. Don't worry about not responding. I wasn't ready to give up yet. The boys told me we should post something about you singing so, you're welcome. I knew it would get your attention.

Oh my gosh. I'm freaking out on the inside, even if this isn't the first time we've talked.

I showed Riley his response. She read it slowly and when she was finished, her eyes lit up. They turned a whole different shade of green and I wasn't sure if I should be happy or scared.

When I am tackled by a hug, I now  know that I should feel happy. The hug lasted a long time. But who could blame us. Our favourite band just noticed us. This is insane.