Appendix I: Notes on the British School System

Don't Stop The Music is set in England, and more than a few people have mentioned the school references are a little confusing, so I thought I'd put these notes up to make things a little clearer. Hope it helps!

1) Foxhill Park College* is a Secondary School. Secondary school runs from year seven (11-12) to year thirteen (17-18). The last two years, year twelve and thirteen, are often referred to separately as sixth form. 

2) Most schools typically have a new intake of pupils (like Liam) at the start of sixth form, i.e. year twelve. Esther, Robin and Scottani are also in year 12**.

3) GCSE exams are taken at the end of year 11*** 

4) AS exams are taken at the end of year 12; A2 exams are taken at the end of year 13. Both exams count towards the overall A-Level results. It is common to take four AS's and then drop one at the end of year twelve and take 3 A2's.

5) UCAS is the organisation that basically organises all university applications. Applications to uni start in earnest in year 13 in the winter term (the deadline for most applications is early January, but most of them are submitted before then).

Feel free to ask about anything else you feel needs clarifying :)

---

* the name is a horrible misnomer and I apologise for everything

** all the other characters are in year 13 unless mentioned otherwise

*** also be the last year of compulsory education, but I'm not sure if that's still a thing

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 10, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Don't Stop The Musicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें