Chapter 21

If I fall...
     If I fall...
          down?

21
It's been months since his parents died. Time flies so fast that thinking about last week sounds like a year ago. But everyday, Luke would keep pushing to live through the day, and up to now it's tiring. So tiring that he forgets what date it is.

He would go to bed exhausted and when he slept beside Michael, it felt good, but the nightmares only get worse. He hasn't gone out of the room either.

He remembers a time where he sat on the couch alone in his house. He remembers staring blankly at his wall because nothing seemed to get him better. Nothing seemed to make him be thankful to be alive.

Except for Michael.

When Michael entered his life, Luke avoided any chance to get attached. He tried being rude to him. He tried to ignore him. Luke tried many things, but in the end, he wanted more from Michael.

The words Michael whispers in Luke's ear are comforting. Every touch and every smile he emits, makes Luke all fuzzy inside. It's addicting, and Luke wants more. Michael is a part his life where Luke can rely on until he finds the motive to keep pushing forward.

And maybe Michael is Luke's motive. They both just don't know it yet.

He also remembers his friends back home. When they used to come over and ask if he was okay.

"Luke?" Calum's touch on his shoulder snaps him out of his daily stare.

"Yeah?" He faces him with a blank expression.

"You good?" Calum has a frown plastered on his face. Calum watches Luke nod absentmindedly. He remembers feeling bad every time he sees the frown on Calum or Ashton. It makes him feel like he's holding them back by simply existing. Why haven't they gotten rid of him?

"I have to go. I'm going out with Ash." He says carefully, and Luke just nods with an okay. It's better than keeping his friends inside with no fun.

Luke zones out again, and he doesn't see the worry in Calum's eyes. He doesn't see the point of continuing the conversation if Calum has to leave. He doesn't want to see anything. He chews on his lip, and he's interrupted again by the door closing softly.

Calum left.

Luke closes his eyes. He's clutching Michael's shirt in an attempt to push the memory out of his head. The feeling of hopelessness floods his senses. Everyone will leave him. He'll be alone for the rest of his pathetic life.

Alone. That's all he ever is going to be. Luke will fade away. Michael will move on when Luke gets old and die. Calum and Ashton should have forgotten him since he hasn't been home in a while. Luke can bet that they're not even a bit worried he's gone. There's no actual point to stay if the future holds nothing.

Luke looks up to Michael's sleeping face. He's an angel in disguise. Ironic since he's a demon, but he was meant to be an angel. Luke doesn't have any solid evidence or knowledge about the supernatural, but he just knows that if Michael didn't do that deal with the devil, he would be an angel.

Luke chews on his lip and makes up his mind. He lays his head on Michael's chest and drifts off to sleep.

-

Michael will never get tired of waking up to the sleeping face of his blonde beauty. So when he wakes that morning, he smiles lazily and throws an arm around Luke.

"Morning, baby." Michael says with his morning voice. Luke shifts and press himself closer. Michael starts kissing his neck slowly and bites down on his collar bone.