Chapter 5

As I previously mentioned, my sister and I didn't always get along with our stepbrother. We would often get into little arguments or disagreements. Although it was never anything major, we were still "punished."  "Punished" as in Elle being locked in a room. (As I also mentioned.) However, there was one incident which happened shortly after Vivian's paroxysm of rage.

    It was a normal day for us kids.  We were innocently playing with our toys.  Everything was fine until the inevitable happened.  We began to fight.  My sister and I wanted to play with the plastic lizard, but Ron was supposedly "hogging it."  Elle and I then began to try to steal it back.  But then, as usual, Ron began to cry and ran out of the room to "tattle" on us.  A few moments later, my dad walks in with an exasperated look on his face.

     "What the Hell is going on in here?" He asks.

     "We wanted to play with the lizard and Ron wouldn't give us a turn."  I reply indignantly.

    Vivian then decides to bless us with her presence.

     "If you cannot share your toys," she says as she walks in the room, "then you will not have any at all."

     She begins to gather up all the toys and throws them into a box. 

     "I'm sending these away."  Says Vivian.  "You will not have any toys at this house unless you learn how to share!"

      Okay, so you're going to teach us how to share by shipping all our toys away?  How are we going to share when there is nothing TO share?  She may want to rethink her methods of step-parenting...