Back to the Party

"How could I just leave him there?" Ladybug thought to herself as she continued to sprint across the roofs.

She only had one thing in her mind: She had to get back to the party before any suspicions were raised.

Slipping through the window, she instantly transformed back.

Stepping out into the hallway, she immediately crashed into Alya.

"Marionette!!!?! Where were you?" She shrieked, shaking Marionette by the shoulders.

"I, um... went out for some fresh air? I just needed to clear my thoughts..."

It wasn't a lie, she had gone out. But the air seemed to only worsen her worries.

"Well, you're feeling better right? The band Adrien hired is here! I heard they're amazing! Maybe I can get their autograph..."

"Sounds good Alya, you go ahead, I want something to eat..."

Her friend scurried off in hopes to meet the famous band, and Marionette headed in the general direction of food.

A large table was decked out with a chocolate fountain, meat, cheese, fruit, and- ah ha- cookies.

After sweeping a handful into her purse for Tiki, Marionette quickly rushed to the sound of heavy music, hoping she could find her friends.

She darted around a corner, only to smash into someone.

"Me-ouch!"

"Chat???" Marionette gasped.

"Oh hello, princess! Fancy running into you!"

A smirk and a wink, and Chat was on his feet, helping Marionette to her feet.

"Well, he certainly doesn't seem depressed about the rejection..." She observed.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Uh, well I was.... passing by... And I uhm... thought I would pay my friend Adrien a visit! Yeah!" He hesitantly responded.

Adrien? Chat was friends with Adrien? Oh no... What if he told him about Ladybug's crush? No he wouldn't! Then that would just make things easier for Adrien...

What if he was planning to hurt Adrien to make Ladybug give up???

She had to stop him.

"Can I come!?" She blurted.

"Purr-don?"

"Uh... Can I come with you to talk to him? I haven't seen him in a while, and I'm sure others are looking for him.... The band is about to start, and we'd want him to see it!" Marionette quickly said, coming up with a lame excuse.

She prayed that that was the truth.

"Uhm, sorry, princess, it's more of a personal thing... I can tell him to come down after purr-haps?" Chat said nervously.

"Oh no... He is going to beat up Adrien!" Marionette gasped inwardly.

"At least let me wait outside the door?" She bargained. If this was the best she was going to get, she could quickly break up any fighting if she could hear it.

"Er-alright, come on then," Chat quickly glided up the stairs, to Adrien's room, and let himself in.

"Is he sure he's in there?" Marionette said to herself quietly.

Leaning against the door, she listened for any noises.

Suddenly, the door opened, and she fell into something soft.

"Marionette?"

"Ah... Adrien!! Oh my goodness, Iamsosorryiwasntthinkingand-" she cut off when she realized she was in Adrien's arms.

Turning a dark shade of red, she jumped out of his arms, and halfway across the hallway.

"It's fine, I'm just glad you weren't hurt!" Adrien gave her a small smile, and turned to grab something. "Look, I saved your beautiful sweater!"

He held up a slightly rumpled green ball of yarn. "It's a little dirty, but nothing the dry cleaners can't fix..."

He noticed her red face and remembered something. Putting the sweater on his dresser, he started talking.

"I don't have a present for you! I'm so sorry, I didn't think-," he started, before being interrupted by a stutter of words.

"N-no, that's perfectly alright I-I wasn't really expecting one, and It wasn't really a b-big deal, s-so,"

"Nonsense, I'm not blind!" Adrien laughed, grabbing Marionette's warm hands, "I can see the little marks from where you poked yourself with the needle! You put too much effort into this, Marionette! The least I can do is take you out to lunch or something!"

Seeing her hands in his made her blush even more.

"Um okay I guess! I'm mostly free whenever, but sometimes I have to help my parents around the shop..."

Adrien pulled out his phone, and scrolled through the month.

"I'm free this Saturday, how about you?"

"Uh, yeah! How about 1?"

"Sounds like a plan... Now, I'm really looking forward to this band..."

As they started off down the stairs, he felt a ping of excitement. He wanted to know more about this shy, cute girl, and now he finally had the chance.

And bonus, she didn't ask about Chat.