xv

Dan

"At least buy me dinner first."
"What are you doing friday?"

Phil texted me, notifying me that he was outside. I quickly adjusted my button up and ran a hand loosely through my curly hair.

"I'm going now, Mom." I stated as I walked through towards the front door.
"Have fun!" She replied as I jogged down the front porch, glancing at Phil's car that was parked in my driveway.

"Hey." I said softly, climbing into the front seat.
"Wow." He blurted, staring at me intently. I felt my cheeks turn pink and hot.

Phil was wearing black jeans and a white button up with a black bomber jacket, his hair styled up into a loose quiff and thick framed glasses placed gently on the bridge of his nose.

"Do I look okay?" I mumbled, fumbling with my shirt.
"You look brilliant."

We drove along, Vance Joy's My Kind Of Man humming through the radio as we buzzed along the road. The sun was setting, the sky painted with a gold and rose euphoria that made my skin glow.

"Where are we going?" I questioned as the sky turned dark and we drove onto a bumpy road.
"It's a surprise." Phil giggled, glancing at me.
"Are you going to murder me?"
"That's always a possibility, isn't it? But no, don't worry."

We drove for a little while longer until I started to see city lights again. I looked over at Phil who was grinning like an idiot as we pulled into the parking lot of one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. I laughed, hanging my head back.

"I love this place." I commented as we walked inside.
"I know."
"What? How?"
"It doesn't take a lot to stalk somebody's facebook, Danny." He laughed, looking down at me with a pearly white smile painted on his rose lips.

Phil lead me to a small woman behind a counter to tell her we had reservations.
"Phil Lester plus one." Phil stated, gesturing to me.
"Ah, yes. The Lester couple. Table 13."
Phil turned scarlet, his hands flying over my ears as if that would stop me from hearing what had already been said. I giggled furiously, touching his hand gently as I lead him to table 13; a small private booth at the window. There was candle placed in the middle of the table, surrounded by soft rose petals.

"So," I had to pause to laugh, "the Lester couple?"
* * * *
Phil opened the door for me and I laughed breathlessly, climbing inside the car.
"You're a fucking sap." I teased once he got in the drivers seat. He shrugged, placing one hand on the wheel and one hand on my thigh. My breath hitched in my throat, making me cough and gasp for air. Phil removed his hand quickly, snatching it away.

"Sorry, is that not okay?" Phil questioned, sounding embarrassed.
"What? No, it's fine. I just breathed in too quickly." I quickly blurted.

I grabbed his hand, holding it loosely near my lap. I noticed him smiling out of the corner of my eye, making me grin.

"Do you want to, um, come back to my house?" He asked awkwardly and I choked again. "Not like in a sexy way!" He exclaimed, taking his hand from mine and smacking it against his forehead. I really appreciated how hard he was trying tonight, because he obviously didn't take people out on dates often and I knew this meant something to him.
"Like in a movie and cuddles way?" I asked, giggling.
"Yeah."
"I wouldn't care if it was a sexy way, Phil."

Phil checked his parents were in bed before he gestured for me to come inside. Before I could take a step up the stairs, he swooped me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs.
"Phil," I laughed, holding onto his neck. "What are you-" He dropped me down onto his bed, a gasp falling from my lips. He climbed next to me, connecting his lips to mine softly, running his hand on my leg. I cupped his face, kissing him gently, his eyes closed.
"You're a good kisser." I whispered as he kissed along my neck. He pulled away, looking up at me. "So I've been told." He replied, unbuttoning my shirt carefully. He placed hot kisses along my chest, making my breathing quick. He left soft rose marks down my torso, a small moan slipping from my previously sealed lips. Phil glanced up, grinning.
He started to unzip my jeans but I stopped him. He have me a questioning look, but moved his hands away. I just shook my head but he nodded respectfully, placing a quick kiss on my lips before getting up and moving to his closet.

"Do you want something to wear?" He asked and I nodded. He passed me a pair of sweats and a white shirt, a brief 'here you go' passing through his lips.
I stripped out of my jeans, pulling on the sweats quickly before yanking the two sizes too big shirt over my head. After I folded my clothes, I climbed in next to Phil, sinking under his duvet.

"Are you mad I said no?" I whispered.
"What?" Phil exclaimed in a whisper. "Of course not. It's your body and I respect you." He snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me close into his chest, placing soft kisses on the back of my neck.

"Thank you." I whispered.
"For what?"
"Tonight."
-
"Phillip Michael Lester!" Was screamed in the early hours of the morning, making me jolt awake. I felt Phil get torn from the bed as my eyes adjusted to the light of the morning. Glancing around, I was confused.

"Phil?" I mumbled, trying to figure out if I was dreaming.

I heard a slap. And then another.

"Get out!" A mans voice screamed. I bolted upright, looking around. Phil was on the floor, his mother slapping his arm repeatedly as he covered his face. "Pack your bags!" Phil's dad yelled, making me jump. He ripped Phil's arm, dragging him up onto his feet before shoving him down towards his cupboard.

"Stop!" I spluttered, jumping out of bed. "What are you doing?" I cried, running over to Phil, begging myself to wake up from this dream. It had to be a dream. This wasn't happening. Phil was dragged from me, his body slightly limp. "Phil?" I panicked but he glanced up at me, his eyes fearful.

"Don't touch him!" Phil's mom screeched at me, my ears ringing. "Man shall not lay with another man!"

"Dan." Phil choked out through badly hidden sobs. "Go. Get out." I stared at him like he was crazy, my hands shaking. "Go!" I grabbed my phone but left my clothes folded neatly on his dresser.

"Phil," I looked at him, balled on the floor as his dad screamed homophobic slurs in his ear. "Phil, I'm going to get help-"

He made eye contact with me and I felt silence, the screaming and sobbing numbing to a background hum. His perfect blue eyes were red rimmed and hazed over, my heart aching for him. The chaos seemed to move in slow motion, only last nights moments seemingly replaying like an old film in the back of my mind. It all seemed worthless now. I should have asked him to drop me home. I shouldn't of stayed.

"Go."

finally a long chapter
also this was meh and i dont really know what im doing with this story
but anyway
-holly