seventeen;

daydream; beach fossils

~

"Lilypad you're all set? you got your cleats?" Calum asked grabbing Lily's gym bag. As Lily ran towards a little group of the same team as hers and gathered her things.

"Hey!" Someone hollered towards Calum and he turned around already knowing it was Ashton.

"Aren't you a little old to be picking up daddies in here? I thought you had a boy toy? What's his name again?" Calum said turning around and laughing. When he finally faced his friend, he saw him red faced and some red haired pale guy looking at Ashton with amusement.

"Cal" Ashton said and gulped "This is Michael, my boyfriend" He said clearly flustered by Calum statement that wasn't too far from the truth. He did come to soccer fields full of small children point at some random child and pretend to be their uncle so Ashton can get into a hot dads pants.

"Oh, Hi!" Calum said trying to swallow his desire to laugh and nodded his head.

"I'm Michael the boy toy" He said and mirrored Calum's actions.

Ashton was more than embarrassed to say the least. There was a small (huge) moment of silence as they just stared at each other with small awkward smiles.

"So... where is Lily?" Ashton broke the very awkward silence.

"Oh right! she's gathering her stuff" He said turning around to see her talking with some girl or boy, he couldn't tell from a far, and they were laughing and Calum smiled fondly seeing her babygirl happy and smiling, and at that moment he knew he will do anything it takes to not see her upset.

"Well, nice meeting you Michael, it's nice to see my boy Ash finally settle down" Calum said turning around amd seeing Michael smile and blush. He smiled and turned around again calling Lily over. She ran back tripping a little because of her equipment but managed to not fall.

"Did you say goodbye to your friends?" He asked placing her lose curls behind her ear. She nodded and smiled and he smiled back.

He buckled her seatbelt and asked her what song should they play.

"The one with the guys" she said sweetly.

"Honey almost all of them are with guys, you need to be more specific" he chuckled as his phone rang and 'lukey💓' flashed on his screen.

"Look Luke is calling maybe he can help us" Calum said smiling widely andLiky cheered 'Yay Lukey'

"Hello Lukey" he said putting him in speaker.

"Hello mom" he said in the other end laughing and blushing at the name.

"Lily and I need your help, we have a bit of a music crisis" he said smiling as Liky giggled in the back.

"I can help, tell me whatcha' need" He said laughing as well.

"Go ahead tell him Lil"

"What's the song with the guys that talk about girls?" she said still giggling.

"Girls by The 1975?" he guessed and she said no.

"They sing really raspy" She said as Calum made a turn to avoid shortcuts to his home.

"Raspy voice, that sings about girls?" Luke said his voice full of doubt.

"Do they have accents?" Calum asked stopping in a red light.

"YES! they sound like me!" she said full of excitement.

Calum laughed at her sudden cheer as Luke gasped "So they're Aussies then? I think I know" He said.

"What's the name?!" Calum and Liky said at the same time and they all laughed.

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet! Calum shame on you, how did you not know this?!" Luke said laughing at the pair.

"I don't know, maybe if she gave me mkre details perhaps" he said as Lily giggled and said it wasn't her fault.

"Look, babe i got to go, talk to you later" Luke said his laughter dying down.

"Okay, bye" he said the line going dead and Calum instantly playing Lily's request.

The sang and head banged and giggled all the way to their humble home.

-

They all settled Lily bathed Calum's cases set and now it was down time.

"Lily!" Calum said wondering why she was being so quite all the sudden. He ran up the stairs and hear her humming and her door a little open and her lights on.

Him being nosy, he peeked through the gap and saw her floor full of clothes, her 'girly' clothes. She usually never touches that side of her closet.

"Lily? What's going on?" he asked lowly as he opened the door.

"Oh! Dad... remember that girl I was talking to?" She said and stood up and sat in her bed crisscrossing her legs. She patted the space in front of her inviting Calum to sit and he did.

"Yes I do... what's going on?" he asked again also crisscrossing his long legs.

"Well she told me that she was born a boy but she wanted to be a girl so they turned her into a girl and that cost a lot of money and she doesn't have many girl clothes so I told her I could give her some since I have many and I don't use them" she said shrugging slowly and softly, her voice gentle.

Calum eyes widen and he could feel his tears building up "T-Thats so nice of you" He said pulling her into his lap and hugginv her and kissing her fluffy hair.

"Yeah, well I would do anything for her to like me back" she said smiling and hugging him back.

"You like her? As in a crush?" he asked now very surprised.

"Yes" she said as if it wasn't a huge big deal, which it wasn't but to Calum is it. His little girl is all grown up.

"You like her as a boy or a girl"

"I liked Daniel a lot, But Danielle is funner and seems happier; so as a girl" she said blushing, smiling.

"Thats so good to know, Lilypad, but it's late and tomorrow is Monday" he said. tucking her in and she groaned and he groaned too.

As he laid in his bed, just thinking of his new knowledge, he smiled thinking he has done a great job teaching Lily; his thoughts came to a pause as his phone dinged.

(xxx)xxx-xxxx:

watch out, mommy ;)

~

this was interesting!

GUYS THANK YOU FOR 17k

I LOVE ALL OF YOU WITH THE BOTTOM OF MY COLD DEAD HEART.

q: what are your plans this summer?

a: im seeing 5sos july 2 (hmu) and visiting my fam in the states

thank you thank you thank you!

-vic 💜👼🏾