Part Twenty-Seven

The sun rose from behind the hills and warmed the land below, drying the rain from the night.

Taehyung laid across his bed and stared at the slit in the curtain, awaiting the slither of light to beam through. He listened to his breathing and felt the rhythm of his beating heart. He hadn't slept a wink that night, although the storm had calmed, the rain lightly went on throughout the night accompanied by Taegeuk's whimpering as she slept - to that Taehyung would rub her back until she stopped.

Taegeuk rolled over and rubbed her eyes open, yawning lightly before squirming beneath the blankets. Taehyung pulled his tired gaze from the curtains to her, he extended his arm and rubbed her head with his thumb.

'How was your sleep?' Taehyung said with a tired voice.

Taegeuk exhaled and battered her eyes awake before grumbling inaudible mumbles.

Taehyung forced a smile and returned his eyes to the curtains as his arm snaked its way back and rested on his stomach whilst the sun rays beamed through the slit in the curtain.

He hummed lightly, Taegeuk rose from beneath the blankets and rested her heavy eyes on him before yawning again.

Taekwon walked into the room with the house phone in hand, he yawned and held the phone up to Taehyung, 'It's the detective.' He mumbled.

Taehyung ceased his humming and sat up straight before checking his cellphone beside the bed.

7 missed calls

He sighed and answered the house phone, 'Detective.'

'Mr Kim,' Wolfe began, 'we have a few items that we would like you and the twins to identify. I know you may not be able to identify them, but we would require your presence here.'

'Sure,' Taehyung sighed and glanced over at the twins, 'we'll be there soon.'

'Thank you, Mr Kim.' Wolfe said before he hung up.

Taekwon sat on the bed besides Taegeuk and took a bite of the biscuit he held in his hand.

'Where did you get that from?' Taegeuk asked as she reached for it, Taekwon dodged her eager hand and quickly shoved it in his mouth before smirking at her.

'Uncle Jin dropped them off earlier this morning.' Taekwon managed to say whilst trying not to spit out any crumbs.

'He was here this morning?' Taehyung asked, 'I didn't hear him come in...'

'I woke up too early, but couldn't fall back asleep so I went downstairs and watched TV then he showed up at around 7,' Taekwon answered, 'I didn't know they had keys to the house.' He said as he jumped off the bed and made his way towards the bedroom door.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, 'But they don't have keys to the house...' Taehyung rose to his feet in a rush, 'did you talk to him? Did he say anything?'

Taekwon turned around to face Taehyung with a confused look on his face, 'No? He just said good morning, asked me how we were then dropped the cookies off and left,' he answered, 'I'm going to get another one.'

'Get me one too please!' Taegeuk pleaded as she flopped back down on the bed and stared at Taekwon with wide eyes.

Taekwon raised an eyebrow and shook his head, 'If you want something then get it yourself! You can't expect people to work for something you want!' He laughed and walked back downstairs.