Part Thirty-Four

The day was diminished and night approached fast as Taehyung remained at the window with the lights switched off so he could watch the stars form.

Secluded and alone in his room all day and night allowed his mind to settle, and allowed the repressed memories to flood back in with ease.

He raised his eyes to the forming stars of the night and smiled as he leaned against the bars of the window.

'The hunter,' Taehyung scoffed, 'bloodthirsty and dared to kill, we aren't so different after all.' He chuckled and pulled his gaze over to the full moon.

'Animals, we're all animals,' he whispered, with his breath heating the glass behind the bars of the windows, 'I dared to kill them all, but only got so far.'

Flashes of terrified faces shot through his mind, the things he had done, the things he wanted to do, everything played a movie in his mind and painted a picture of death.

The blood he had spilt, the cries he had created, and the lives he had taken only fuelled his bloodlust. He craved more death, more destruction, but the room he was once again confined to inhibited him from stalking his innocent prey.

Sighing heavily as Taehyung watched the stars twinkle he heard the door handle rotate and squeak.

'Dad.' Taekwon's quiet voice whispered through the small slit in the door.

'My son.' Taehyung whispered as he turned around to face Taekwon, the moonlight shone through the window and created a silhouette of him along the plastic floor.

Taekwon opened the door wider, 'Can we go now?' He asked with a soft voice.

'Where's your sister?' Taehyung asked, staring at Taekwon through the loose strands of hair that covered his face.

Light footsteps were heard down the hallway, they turned to skipping and the smile on Taehyung's lips grew wider. Taegeuk stepped into Taehyung's view and stood by Taekwon's side.

'Hi daddy.' She whispered.

'Geukkie,' Taehyung said faintly, 'you're safe.'

'Is it time to go?' Taegeuk asked.

Taehyung nodded and slowly rose to his feet, 'Yeah, it's time to go now.'

His shadow moved across the floor as he walked towards the door, he took his children by their hands and side by side they made their way down the pristine hallways and through a few sets of doors before the dark night opened up to them.

'Look,' Taekwon whispered and pointed his finger to the sky, 'there we are.'

Taehyung smiled and raised his eyes to view the constellations before nodding and continuing his journey towards the edge of the world.

Through the forest they walked, twigs and ice crunching beneath their feet, with silence sealing their lips so their words could not escape.

Wind blew through the naked branches of the trees and creaked eerily, although Taehyung didn't mind - the sound of wind against the tall trees was music to his ears.

All he wanted to do was escape. To escape the life he was beginning to wake up to, to escape and be free with what he had left.

As he stood on the edge of the cliff he watched the waves of the ocean catch the moonlight. A pair of hands held his waist and slowly snaked their way up to his chest, he felt her warm breath against his neck and craned his head back.

'Alli,' He whispered, she smiled against his neck and giggled softly, 'you were my favourite one to kill, I love you.'

She lightly pushed him forward before running her hands down his arms, taking the twins hands out of his grip and pulling them back towards her.

'Taehyung, don't move!' A voice yelled as a flashlight rested on his back, Alli and the twins faded from Taehyung's imagination and he stood alone on the cliff.

Taehyung laughed and tilted his head to see Detective Wolfe along with Park.

'Step away from the edge, Taehyung.' Wolfe continued, despite the murderous acts Taehyung had committed Wolfe didn't want it to end this way.

'It's over, Wolfe!' Taehyung yelled back, 'I'm tired of running from myself! I'm tired of this life! I told you to kill me and you didn't listen!'

'Taehyung...' Wolfe said as he stepped closer.

'I don't want to keep running.' Taehyung said as he faced the detectives and fell into the dark abyss.

'Taehyung, no!' Wolfe yelled and ran to the edge, his feet skidding to stop him from accepting the same fate.

Park ran behind and stopped at the cliffs edge.

'Can you see him?' Park asked as he flashed his torch down into the dark, although the light wasn't strong enough to see anything.

'No,' Wolfe stated as he squinted his eyes, searching for a body, 'God dammit, Taehyung!' He yelled down into the dark.

Wolfe turned around and holstered his gun as he ran his fingers through his hair.

'Bring in a body bag.'