Sacrifice

She was still new in all this rebellion stuff, fighting was hard for her but Pearl had been teaching her how to do it. But when they were fighting for real she felt kind of lost.

Right now she was watching how Pearl and Rose were fighting against some soldiers, they were a truly amazing team. But something caught her eye.

A group of soldiers fused and now were really big, ready to attack them. Apparently Pearl noticed it, but instead of escaping she was still fighting.

"She's going to get shattered," thought Garnet "That fusion is almost 3 times her size"

Pearl was ready to receive the hit if that meant her leader would survive, but then she heard someone screaming her name.

"Pearl!" It was Garnet who ran and stood in front of her protecting her from the enemy.

"Garnet! No!"

It was too late, Garnet vanished in front of her eyes and two gems were in her place instead.

Pearl was so angry, she grabbed her swords tight and poofed the enemy. She turned back and run towards the red and blue gems lying on the floor.

Rose defeated the last enemy in front of her and turned her back to see what happened.

"What happened?"

"G-Garnet s-she..." Pearl tried to talk but she couldn't, and she looked down to her hands.

Rose saw that what Pearl had on her hands were two gems, a Ruby and a Sapphire.

She put a hand on the other's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"It's going to be ok Pearl" Rose said with a fake smile, but it was no help, Pearl was still sobbing, "We have to go if we don't want to get caught".

Pearl nodded and held the gems in her hand tight as she stood up to go with Rose.

...

A Ruby and a Sapphire were lying in a pile of roses and other flowers. In front of them was Pearl, who looked tired.

Rose approached her friend.

"Pearl I have to go on a mission"

"I-I..."

"It's ok I'm going alone, you stay here"

Pearl only nodded.

Rose was getting worried "Pearl are you ok?"

"It's been two days"

"I know" Rose was looking for the right words to make her feel better "They are taking their time and when they come back she will come back"

"You really think so" Said Pearl looking up to Rose.

"Yes"

Pearl looked back to the gems in front of her and sighed.

"I have to go now" Rose made her way leaving Pearl alone again.

"It's all my fault, if she hadn't sacrifice herself for me she would be right here" Pearl hugged her knees and buried her face in them "It should had been me" tears rolled down her cheeks.

While she was lost in her thoughts one of the gems in front of her started to shine, it was Ruby.

She opened her eyes slowly; she wasn't sure where she was until she noticed the gem crying in front of her.

"You!"

Pearl was startled "R-Ruby?"

"How can you be so irresponsible?" Ruby lifted her hands in the air.

"W-What?" Pearl looked a little scare at the other.

"You could have got your gem shattered"

"I-I..." Now she understood, Ruby was screaming at her for what happened two days ago.

"Ugh and we unfused, perfect" With wide eyes Ruby realize that Sapphire was not there "Where is she?!"

"Who?"

"Sapphire! Where is she?!" Ruby was getting desperate.

Pearl pointed at her side, where the other gem was. When both of them looked at Sapphire the gem started to shine and a blue figure appeared.

"Sapphire!" Ruby hugged the other tightly.

"Ruby" Said Sapphire while giggling.

Pearl was happy to see they were back but all the love they were showing towards each other made her feel quite melancholy. With her head down she got lost in her thoughts again.

Meanwhile the other two wasted no time and with a few spins they were fused.

Garnet felt a little bit confused but happy to be back. She looked down and saw Pearl.

"Pearl!" She said with a big smile.
Pearl immediately lifted her head "G-Garnet" she whispered with tears in her eyes.

The other lifted her up and giggled, "I'm really happy to see you". But all her happiness faded when she felt Pearl pushing her, so she left her in the ground.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't want to make you feel..." She couldn't finish her sentence when she felt a pair of arms hugging her tightly, almost making her fall.

"Y-You stupid..." Pearl buried her face in the other's chest

"What?" Garnet was confused.

"Don't ever do that again..."

"Do what?" She could feel how her suit was getting wet from Pearl's tears.

"Sacrifice yourself... for me..."

"But they could have shattered your gem!" Her tone was now louder.

"So what..."

"So what?! So much!" She was getting angry now.

"I'm not worth it..."

Garnet was about to say something when she felt Pearl's grip getting tighter. This was not time to start a fight over something like this. Instead she hugged Pearl tightly burring her head in the other's hair.

"I missed you..." Pearl whispered.

"I missed you too" Responded Garnet with a smile.

She has felt so many new feelings, some sad, some happy, others just funny.

But this one.

This one was the best.