Chapter One

Okay Guys.

Dude, I'm lazy too. Totally get it. I am lazy personified, so please, you are preaching to the choir.

I am not, however, too lazy to click a star button and make someone's day.

For real, please, if you like it, vote it and comment! I really could use the encouragement. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it makes my day; you guys have no friggin' idea.

Anyways, here's the next chapter. I have many others already typed and ready to post, so don't worry!

Enjoy!

Epsilon

~~~

"Up! Get up, Amirykal!" my mother's voice roused me from my blissful sleep, and I was instantly wide awake. I opened my eyes to find my mother standing over me, a look of panic on her face. Her faded red hair was tousled from sleep, and she was still in her robe. I could already tell something was up. She only ever used my full name when I was in trouble or in emergencies. Normally, I was Ammi, or even A. Whatever was happening, it was serious.

"Mom, what's wrong? Are you alright?" I asked as I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. She looked frantic, and I realized it was worse than I thought. She didn't give any explanation, just rushing into my closet and emerging with my backpack. She dumped its contents onto the floor unceremoniously, and they hit with a bang. "Hey!" I protested, but she didn't acknowledge me.

"Get dressed, we have to go. We have to go now." She flew around my room, throwing my clothes and toiletries in my bag.

I didn't question her, there would be time for that later. I quickly stripped and threw on a random pair of skinny jeans, a long-sleeved black sweater, and my black combat boots. I pulled my own curly red hair up in a ponytail and brushed my teeth. Once I emerged from the bathroom, my mother had my bag packed and was waiting for me.

"Come here, Ammi. You need to go. There's no time to waste!" She hissed, grabbing my wrist and towing me towards the basement. I realized she planned to make it to the door there. It was more discreet and traveled underground for a few meters before ending near the forest edge. We weren't just leaving; we were running from someone. Then I noticed my mother hadn't packed, or even dressed. She wasn't planning on coming with me.

"Mom, what the hell is going on? Calm down and tell me!" I stopped in my tracks, demanding an answer. She looked frantic at my refusal to continue.

"Ammi, there is no time! I can't-"

I interrupted her. "Mom, answer me! Who am I running from?"

As if in answer, the door banged open with such force, it shattered.

My mother screamed, but I just stared in shock.

The man in front of us was gloriously handsome, with neat-combed blond hair and pale skin that shone in the moonlight. His jaw was chiseled, and he was muscular, yet slim. He was gorgeous, for certain, but his eyes put me on edge. They were a lovely gray, but flinty and harsh, like he would kill a puppy and bring it back to life just to do it again. He felt...just wrong.

"You there! Why are you not in line?" His voice was clear and cold as he spoke, the weight of his glare stunning my mom into silence. Even though he was glaring at me.

My shock turned quickly to anger, my short fuse sparking. Squaring my shoulders and glaring up at him, I spat, "listen up, jackass. I don't know why the hell you thought it was okay to just barge in the house and order me around, but if you think your 'tough guy' act is going to get you anywhere with me, you've got another thing coming!" I didn't like this guy, not at all. Scaring my mom, telling me what to do, breaking our door? He had a lot of nerve.