a casual world

I had just reached the front door of my house when I heard the purr of an unmistakable Mercedes pull into the Blakes' driveway. Sneakily, I glanced out of the corner of my eye. And gasped. I had expected this. I knew he would be my neighbour, but still! I did a mental Irish jig in my head as I smirked. I casually checked out the no named guy. He still basked in his previous gorgeousness. I nearly swooned-this wasn't me; I gave myself a slap on the face and stepped into my house. Forget the guy, forget him, he doesn't even know you exist. FORGET HIM!

I grabbed a snack off my table and headed upstairs to my room. I sighed and flopped onto my bed. Today had been a long eventful day. I peered out of my window at the Blakes' house. The window, which I had been looking at for the past 7 years, stood as eerie as ever. As I continued to gaze at the window, I suddenly found myself staring into a shock of green eyes. I let my gaze drift over his muscled arms and blonde dishevelled hair, that’s when I realised I was staring at him [probably looking like an idiot] and was practically drooling. I let out a mini shriek and tumbled backwards, in a somersault, off my bed. How.Embarassing.Was.That.

I contemplated staying on the floor but decided against it. I was not going to back down and let some scrummy, blonde, dreamy...Airie shut up! I mentally scolded myself and stood up. I looked over to the window and found the guy who had been the protagonist in my dreams, for the whole day. I gave a small smile and waved at him. He opened his window and slightly frowned. "I am sorry but were you just checking me out?"