26. There is not a word for what you are

Two weeks now and Sky is almost hitting me in the head. Not because of the crying, but that I am too stubborn to give in. I don't see the problem, I am completely fine. Still, Jace does not stop crying at night and day. I even tried playing Sky's music for him, but it didn't work either.

Andi, she is calmer than his brother. We found out at that tucking her in tightly in a blanket is something she likes. But Jace is still struggling to find a way to make himself comfortable. I don't know what I am missing, I have bathed him, rubbed him here and there, but still nothing works. There is something he wants and I don't know what it is. I wish I could just make him talk so I would know, but that would take too long.

At the day we just let him lie in the crib, crying. It does not work, but we can't carry him all the time, that is not good for either of us. Sky lets me sleep at day. Well, she forces me to sleep at least two to three hours. While the boys are at school. They really like it there, it do not surprise me, since they love new things. But homework is not the ting they like the most, but Sky and I always sit down and help them.

I am walking with Jace in the playroom on my arm, like last time as I watch Sky come in the door.

"Hunter, you need to have a whole night of sleep you can't just sleep three hours and maybe some at day. You look just the way when II saw you." She says and it makes me irritated.

"I am going to find out what he wants." I tell her while shaking him, lightly.

"You can't." Her words make me look at her angry and hurt. She comes towards me, cupping my cheeks as she leans her forehead on mine.

"Let me take him." She says almost pleading, but I shake my head.

"You are driving the boys to school, going to the store and the hospital tomorrow." I tell her, because I can't let her drive with only some few hours of sleep. I can't go to the store alone, I fear it and she knows that.

"But, Hunter..."
"No, I will do it." I tell her annoyed, and she sigh as she moves back from me.

"You say I am stubborn, but you are... there is not a word for what you are. You know that?" She says upset, but there is a little smile there.

"I love that you are not giving in, but you need to sleep." She says, but I shake my head.

"I have lived without sleep most of my life, I can handle it perfectly fine now as well." I tell her, and clench my teeth. She takes a deep breath and rub her forehead, tired.

"Go to sleep." I tell her, not giving her a choice.

"Okay, but promise me you will sleep when I come back home tomorrow." She begs me and I nod, smiling.

"Thank you." She says and lean in to kiss my forehead. Her eyes drift down to our crying boy.

"Is Andi sleeping?" I wonder.

"Yeah, I just feed her. She drifted away after some few minutes." She smiles, and I lean in to kiss her lightly.

"I'm sorry, for being so stubborn." I tell her guilty. I might drive her insane, but his crying is driving everyone insane. Ethan and Nathan struggle a lot to be around him, and I don't want to wake up to this heartbreaking sound of his.

"I know, Hunt. I love you anyway." She smiles as she kisses my cheek.