The Storm

Lanie's POV-

Aaron is tending to the cuts on my arms, face, and leg. He puts a bandage on a deep cut, and I wince. "Can I have more ambrosia or nectar?"I say, straining my voice trying to sound in no pain. "You've had too much already." Aaron replies shaking his head. I sigh and look down the bus aisle. Ashlynn is still watching Josh. Judging by his signed hair and shirt, I'd have to guess her lightning powers were what caused it. I looked back at my cuts and saw they now had been cleaned to some degree and now Aaron was wrapping bandages on them. "Thanks Aaron."I say, trying to smile. He nods and goes over to Leo jr. I lean back on the seat, staring out the window. Blurs of cars, trees, and sky roll past the window. I turn back to the aisle, where Holly and Lauren are sitting across from me. "Holly? Where are we?"I ask, and she shrugs before going back to Lauren. I sigh and heave myself up trying not to wince. Then I stagger over to Lelia and Jacob. "Hey do you know where we are?"I ask, trying to sound normal. "I'm pretty sure we're in Wyoming or Kansas."She says and looks at Jacob for consulting. Jacob nods. "Okay cool, thanks."I say before turning back. Now that I have my bearings, I feel better. While heading back to my seat, I see Ash and Josh. "Hi, what happened?"I say. "I electrocuted him."Ashlynn confesses, voice sounding upset. "It's okay, he's still alive and we got away from those monsters."I say, trying to cheer my friend up. She smiles from my effort. "Yeah I guess, but he's injured because of me."Ash said, starring at him again. "Hey,"I say, trying to get her to relax. "He's going to be fine, he just needs rest... and so do you."I say and she smiles. "Thanks Lan, I will okay?"Ashlynn says and I go back to my seat. I know she feels bad, but I don't want her thinking it was at her hand she injured him. It was really a flurry of monsters and demigods, and I barely knew where anyone I knew was. Luckily, my demigod senses got me out alive, with few injuries. And now we were heading far away from Colorado. After stretching my legs, I was getting a bit tired. I wIshed for no dreams and laid down in my seat. Slowly, my breaths slowed and my brain began to go to sleep. At first nothing happened, but soon a dream began appearing in my head, great. I was at Camp. It was a usual sunny day, and demigods were all around sword fighting, taking a dip in the lake, gardening, playing pranks, and other daily activities. I was beginning to enjoy this dream, when dark clouds were coming from every corner of camp. A wind started blowing, prickling my skin with goosebumps. Soon the laughter and other noises stopped, every camper was staring at the sky. I heard the pounding hooves and turned, Chiron was galloping from the Big House and looked up in shock. I glared at Mr. D, who was sitting on the Big House porch and enjoying a Diet Coke. The ground began quaking and I felt my legs about the give out. Suddenly, the ground cracked open, dirt fell into the room below. My essay grew twice in size, what was happening? Suddenly, something started crawling out of the hole in the ground. I was an army of undead zombies and other things I bet were from the Underworld, or worse.... Tartarus. I had only heard of these monsters, but my stomach felt queasy and I was shaking violently. The demigods drew out their weapons, swords, bows and arrows, daggers, spears, and some held out their fists. The undead army did the same, and I attempted to pull out ocean tide, but I was either frozen from fear, or something else. I watched, and something fell on my cheek. Water, rain I said, but how? Camp Half Blood had a special border keeping the weather nice. Lighting struck rather close, and all around. The air smelled static, and I could almost feel the pounding of the storm. The dream slowly faded to darkness, and I heard an evil cackle.

My eyes opened to the light, and I rubbed them sleepily. My face was wet with sweat from the dream. I could see everyone staring. My cheeks turned pink with embarrassment, and Ashlynn came over. "Lanie, are you okay? You were screaming and turned really pale. Please don't say you had a dream.."Ashlynn said nervously, I sadly nodded. "I did,"I said before telling her and everyone else my dream. They look pretty nervous. "Did you see where the monsters came from? It might've been the Labryinth."Aaron suggested. I shrugged. "Just from underground, but I think the Underworld, or ....Tartarus."I say quietly. Everyone slowly begins to nod. That is in fact, where the dead ends up. "But why are they coming here? Someone must be behind this."Lauren says, next to Holly. I nod, and keep trying to remember other details from the dream. The storm. "Well, another odd thing was that there was high winds, dark clouds in camp, and a lighting storm, not to mention rain as well."I said. Everyone hung onto my words, thinking about them. The camp had a special border to make sure it was safe, from mortals, monsters, and weather. If there was rain, there must be a break in the shield, somehow. And now we needed to figure who, and from where. Everyone lingered for awhile more, before going back to their seats. Aaron and Lauren stayed though. Aaron looked really nervous, and Lauren was trying to hide her fear as well. "I'm scared guys!"He said. "I miss mom and dad! When can we go back home!" Aaron continued. And me and Lauren shared looks, we had no idea. "Listen Aaron, we can't go back yet. We need to help, and don't worry. It'll be okay."I said, trying to reassure him and myself. "Excatly. It's almost time for dinner, why don't you and Leo jr. hang out?" Lauren said before mouthing 'thank you' and returning next to Holly. I smiled to myself and walked over to Ashlynn and Josh. I had hope.