Chapter 10- The Fire's Toll

Springtrap stared at the candle in his hand, and a wicked, sinister grin crawled to the edges of his face. I could feel his excitement as he walked over to the door and began to jiggle the handle. It was locked from the outside, yet I had a feeling that that wasn't going to stop him. Springtrap rose his foot, and I braced myself for the impact. He slammed his foot against the door, careful as to not let the candle go out. The weak, old door fell from its hinges, making Freddy and Foxy jump from the sudden event. They both looked at each other then at the door, Springtrap standing there with the candle in his hand. 

"Springtrap! What are you doing?!" Golden Freddy yelled as he rounded a corner. The poltergeist merely scoffed at the bear, and darted to the right hallway. Golden Freddy let out a shout of frustration and we heard footsteps pursuing us. Springtrap kept running, not stopping to look behind him. He was determined to do whatever he needed to do, and I knew that it was something that I didn't want to happen. The others tried to catch us, but Springtrap wouldn't give himself that easily. He was searching for something, I still couldn't figure out what. I knew that the candle was for some purpose, and I knew that the answer was right in front of my eyes! But I couldn't see it, and I assumed that I would have to try and figure it out in the precious short time that I had. Springtrap suddenly stopped in his tracks, and the others behind us stopped as well. He veered around, and growled softly.

"I've been here for a little while, but that's too long. I'm going to leave, so this is going to be a great way to go." He declared. Golden Freddy held his hand out to stop him. 

"Springtrap, don't! You could overthrow the balance and something would most likely go wrong!" he objected. Springtrap looked at a bare, wooden wall. He closed his eyes and sighed through his nose.

"I've had enough of it all. You children couldn't just keep to yourselves, and look at the mess you've made. Someone's going to have to clean it up...," he looked at the candle," or burn it all." Golden Freddy only lowered his ears in fear as Springtrap put the flame of the candle close to the wall. There was a small wisp of smoke, then a small spark. The spark grew, and hot flames took its place. They spread like nothing I had ever seen before, and they looked sinister and ready to swallow anything in their reach.

"What have you done?!" Golden Freddy shouted. Springtrap let out a long, insane laugh. 

"I'm doing what I should have done instead to get rid of you! You little brats won't be able to meddle with human business anymore, and there's nothing you can do about it! You can't touch fire now, can you?!" Springtrap replied in a raspy tone. Golden Freddy tackled him to the ground, the bear trying to look angry but his fear was too easy to see.

"You can't do this, Springtrap! This is selfish! It won't work at all, and you know that! You know that you're stuck here forever, just like the rest of us!" He screamed above the ever-growing roar of the flames. Springtrap was silent, which surprised me. I expected him to lash out, but he was...pondering. 

Golden Freddy slowly stood up, allowing us to stand up as well. The yellow bear covered his face with his hand, the only sound being the fires that raged around us. The whole hallway was lit up, and I couldn't see the ceiling from the smoke. The room was colored orange and yellow from the light, and the heat was intense. The others behind Golden Freddy were looking around with tension, but I knew that they wouldn't leave their leader behind. Springtrap sighed through his nose, and looked at all of the flames as well.

"This is something I don't regret, child. And I don't care if I don't get to be free. As long as this placed has burned down with the horrid memories with it, then that's enough for me." he said. His voice was actually...calm. Springtrap was using a calm tone with one of the children that had murdered him, and it baffled me.